We are looking for a strong professional with extensive engineering, provisioning, installation, configuration and operation experience. The role requires experience working in maintenance of system hardware, software and the underlying infrastructure. The senior Infrastructure engineer is accountable for Windows, Linux, Vmware, and Apple Infrastructure that support client application and system architectures, networks and storage Infrastructure that are integrated in client environments. Must yearn to Automate All Of The Things.
Knowledge and experience with DevOps practices and AWS and other leading cloud engineered Infrastructure and storage is a plus.
- Working on highly available, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Enterprise-grade operating systems and the nuances of Linux
- Datacenter network troubleshooting including IP fundamentals, DNS, load balancing, proxies and firewalls
- Configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Creating build blueprint documents for server and storage platforms
- Installing new servers, rebuilding existing servers, Database Infrastructure and related middleware applications; configuring related hardware, peripherals, services, directories, storage and all other components according to defined standards, project and operational requirements
- Developing clear and concise installation and configuration procedures, as well as runbooks and other support materials contributing to the maintenance of operational standards
- Creating automated approaches and scripts for system administration tasks where possible and appropriate.
- The administration of Windows Active Directory (AD) domain infrastructure
- Implementing security measures in all technical activities to limit unauthorized access/use
- Providing Infrastructure and network support as requested as part of troubleshooting analysis
- Monitoring and supporting clients on a rotational basis as a member of the global Infrastructure support team
- The application of OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis with minimal downtime impact
- Presenting technology concepts and terminology. Interpreting and providing solutions on complex technologies/architectures.
- Modern software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes such as Continuous Integration and Delivery
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale and complex distributed systems
- Depth in one or more mature scripting languages such as python, bash or powershell, along with solid CLI usage and script library management practices (including source management)
- A deep understanding of web operations and cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX tools
- Experience with maintaining and managing a community around open source software
- Experience configuring and managing complex monitoring tools, such as Splunk, ELK, Solar Winds, Nagios or DataDog
Qualifications & Educational Requirements
- 7 plus years of experience with Windows installation, configuration in complex networking environments
- 3 plus years of experience with Networking, TCP/IP and UDP/IP, VLANs, DHCP, SMTP, Cisco switches
- 5 plus years of experience with Virtualization, on VMware and/or XEN/OVM would be an advantage
- 3 plus years of Amazon Web Services and/or Azure
- BS degree in Computing or other related field
- Database maintenance knowledge and working knowledge of SQL is an advantage
Intersection is a technology and media company committed to improving the urban experience at the convergence of digital and physical worlds.
Our unique set of assets focus on leveraging emerging trends in technology to improve quality of life in cities as well as create products to grow and develop businesses. With 12 offices, media in 60 markets, and 500+ people across the United States, we carry expertise in:
- Technology & Innovation
- Advertising & Media
Our work spans across a variety of markets in cities, government, mass transit, airports and airlines, cultural institutions, retail, and telecommunication providers.
Intersection is the lead company behind LinkNYC, the largest and most advanced public Wi-Fi and street furniture network in the world. By providing up to 10,000 communication hubs for City residents and visitors with free public Wi-Fi, access to communications, information and municipal services across the City, Intersection aims to create an array of solutions to help make cities around the world more livable and connected.
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.