FiveStars is the rewards program for small businesses that’s proven to bring customers back more often. Through unique rewards and personalized service, FiveStars helps everybody be a VIP. Founded in 2011 and based in San Francisco, our mission is to help businesses and communities thrive by turning every transaction into a relationship. In 2015, FiveStars drove 35 million in-store visits across over 10,000 local businesses in the U.S. and Canada. Over 10 million consumers use FiveStars to have exceptional experiences with local businesses. To-date FiveStars has raised $105 million from top-tier investors including HarbourVest, Menlo Ventures, Lightspeed, DCM, and Y-Combinator.
The Design Team at FiveStars is seeking a senior-level interaction designer to join our team. You’ll help lead design innovation and process for our exciting, evolving product ecosystem!
- Be a relentless advocate for user-centered design across our product ecosystem
- Act as design lead for a project or several projects; manage relevant tracks of work for and mentor junior designers on project teams
- Partner with product management and development leads to set product direction, validate design decisions and concepts, and deliver value to internal stakeholders and external users
- Effectively communicate proposed design solutions, as well as cross-platform interdependencies, through sketches, wireframes, and/or prototypes
- Participate fully in design critiques and be prepared to lead cross-functional design sessions (soliciting, giving, and receiving actionable feedback)
- Lead planning, methodology, and synthesis of user research and analytical testing, including methods such as contextual interviews, usability tests, A/B testing, personas, and journey maps; seamlessly integrate data from cross-functional teams into design and research process
- Degree or certificate in design, psychology, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in interaction design
- Portfolio of design work that demonstrates design thinking and team collaboration, including demonstrated expertise with cross-platform, cross-device, and cross-persona design problems
- Demonstrated design leadership and communication abilities with cross-functional and multi-functional teams
- Ability to develop creative approaches to solving complex user experience problems and to convey ideas in a tangible and effective format
- Knowledge of a variety of user research methods; demonstrated understanding of the capabilities and limitations of various research methods
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and prioritize end users’ workflows, needs and desires, and to effectively transform this analysis into design solutions