We are building a financial service that people love. We are looking for a senior iOS Developer, who will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Moneybox app. Your primary focus will be development of iOS applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside a team of engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products is essential.
What you’ll do
- The position will be responsible for supporting the Lead iOS Developer to work on the iOS application. You will help to create a reliable application that makes investing simple and enjoyable for users. You will be involved in the whole life cycle from suggesting new features to releasing the application.
- Develop new features and maintain the Moneybox iOS application
- Lead development and take ownership for streams of work that enable customers to reach their financial goals.
- Mentor and support members of the iOS team.
- Help to suggest new features for the application that will make the app experience better for users, and that will make the application more reliable.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the wider team to define, design, and ship new features
- Support the design of the architecture of the iOS application. Lead large scale improvements to the design of the application.
- Identify and fix bottlenecks and bugs.
- Help to maintain the quality and organisation of the codebase
- Be responsible for releasing the app to the store and monitor the app post-release.
Who you are
- Someone who is excited about making an application you would use personally that helps make saving and investing easier and more accessible.
- Thrives in a fast-pace startup environment.
- Interested in all areas of the business and enjoys hearing about what other team members are working on.
- Genuine interest in financial technology.
- Constantly looking to improve all areas that you can affect.
- Excited about learning and experiencing new ways of thinking.
Experience and skills- Essential
- 3 years of professional experience in developing native iOS apps.
- Highly proficient in Swift and iOS frameworks.
- Exposure to all aspects of software development from gathering requirements to releasing, with the ability to take ownership of these aspects.
- Applied knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles.
- Advocates good and clean design of the code, in an enthusiastic way.
- Experience and desire about mentoring and supporting other developers, encourages their professional development and provides active guidance to help them achieve their goals.
- Experience in designing RESTful APIs together with backend developers.
- Experience in developing complex user interfaces with auto-layout and collaborating with UX/UI designers.
- Extensive knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architecture, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Experience with modern architecture such as MVP, MVVM, VIPER etc.
- Proficient understanding of Git.
- Experience in implementing unit tests.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Experience and skills- Desirable
- 5 years of professional experience in iOS.
- Computer science or related degree.
- Use of CoreData, or other data persistence frameworks.
- Experience with Security and Cryptography.
- Experience on implementing custom native animations.
- Proficient with continuous integration.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, award-winning and super ambitious startup
- Work with a friendly team of highly motivated individuals
- Be in an environment where you are listened to and can actually have an impact
- Thriving collaborative and inclusive company culture
- Competitive remuneration package
- Company Share options
- Opportunity to attend industry conferences and events
- Perkbox – selection of 200+ perks
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
Please read before you apply!
By sending us your application you acknowledge and agree to Moneybox using your personal data as described below.
We collect applicants’ personal data to manage our recruitment related activities. Consequently, we may use your personal data to evaluate your application, to select and shortlist applicants, to set up and conduct interviews and tests, to evaluate and assess the results, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment process generally.
We do not share your personal data with unauthorised third parties. However, we may, if necessary, share your personal data to carefully selected third parties acting on our behalf. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided us with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
If you are unsuccessful in your application, we may keep your details on file so that we can tell you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest to you when they arise in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file, you can contact us at email: [email protected]