Pypestream is messaging built for business; securely connecting organizations with their customers and employees through the mobile devices they use throughout their day.
We’re growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform that enables personal, yet scalable conversations. Our passion is building great products for our users in an agile environment, and we’re always on the lookout for the industry’s best talent.
Pypestream shares a collaborative leadership and features company culture centered on transparency to ensure we constantly exceed expectations.
As most senior on the iOS mobile app dev team, you will be responsible for full development and ownership of the entire mobile (iOS) build.
What you'll do:
- Help lead a small yet growing agile team of true developers by example, as well as through coaching and mentoring
- Build best in class iOS social communications app that delight our users
- Use your engineering experience and skill to have a direct impact on our products and tools
- Collaborate with leadership, product management and other engineers to influence product direction and delivery
- Contribute to engineering efforts to make our products more efficient
- Contribute to a first class engineering culture and make a positive impact in the NYC tech community
- Expert in coding and/or hacking in languages such as Swift and Objective-C
- Expert in Xcode environment - you already know how to use Xcode tools, Interface builder, etc.
- Expertise in frameworks such as CocoaPods, etc.
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs, with hyper-scale messaging a bonus
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development (know how to write unit tests for iOS)
- You already know git, familiar with bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Google Apps and so on
- Expertise in working with cloud systems, including local and remote storage on EC2
- Familiarity with NOSQL technologies such as Redis or similar
- Familiarity with pub-sub messaging protocols such as STOMP, MQTT or similar
- Participate in code reviews to ensure alignment to best practices
- Be prepared to bring your laptop and show us your skills during an interview
What You'll Get:
- A dynamic and exciting culture where your work is valued
- Top-tier medical/dental/vision, and other great benefits
- An amazing office space with full kitchen, snacks and drinks all day, close to Penn Station
Why you should join us:
- We are growing a world-class team focused on creating a communication platform allowing for intimate yet scalable conversations
- We’re passionate about building great products for our users in an agile environment
- We’re a small team growing fast, have huge impact and solve interesting problems
Please provide examples of your "real" work in the App Store as well as prepare to show us your coding skills - bring your own mac and show us what you've done so far.