Who we are:
We are a small, fast-paced team building the world's first consumer genomics platform. We believe the time is right to create a secure and feature-rich platform for consumers to directly access and learn about their own genomes.
Come join our team to help ship truly impactful software, powering genomic access to millions of consumers. Through an ecosystem of high-quality content partners, we are enabling a wide range of novel applications. We are building high-quality, scalable systems to accurately and securely pipeline vast amounts of genetic data, surface simple and elegant developer APIs, and open a one-of-a-kind DNA store.
What you'll be working on:
What’s important to us:
- Curiosity - we are all passionate about the possibilities enabled by having access to your own genome
- Responsibility - we have an obligation to people and our partners to operate with highly credible research guided by well respected advisors, with clear and effective communication about our products
- Agility - flexibility and a desire to be nimble, smart, and effective are important to the Helix culture
- Experience - we’re building a team with amazing track records of achievement in multidisciplinary environments
What we’re looking for:
- A passion for improving people’s lives through access to better information about their DNA
- 3+ years development experience in Objective-C or Swift on iOS
- Track record shipping products for the iOS App Store
- Instincts for aesthetics in both visual and interaction design
- Experience solving performance optimization problems
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Familiarity with full-stack development
- Affinity for an engineering culture that emphasizes Agile, DevOps, and continuous delivery
- BS+ in Computer Science required; coursework in genetics/bioinformatics a plus
- Great problem-solving skills and experience with some or all of these areas: software platforms, consumer applications, genomics.
Our headquarters are located in the San Francisco Bay Area with the clinical genetics laboratory based in San Diego. We’d love to hear from you. Please submit a resume or inquire at [email protected] with any questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer