Today, billions of lives are cut short by illness. Unfulfilled dreams, uncompleted work, time spent with loved ones — think what we could collectively achieve if we all lived longer. Huma partners with scientists, technologists, healthcare, and pharma professionals to understand, treat, and ultimately prevent ill health. Giving knowledge and power to those with medical conditions, while saving clinicians time, energy, and valuable resources.
At Huma, you’ll be working on a mission to create a world where we all collectively benefit from the data we individually generate – where we can all live our longest, fullest lives.
Learn more about Huma here
The Engineering team is made up of talented, resourceful, fun loving individuals with a drive to build a product that solves one of the biggest global challenges – human longevity. Every day we work at the bleeding edge of technology to build secure, reliable, scalable solutions that will allow each doctor to treat thousands of patients more effectively.
Joining our iOS Engineering Team will give you the opportunity to build the products that help us extend life. By helping to architect and build solutions, you'll champion the user, clinicians or patients and help us create amazing products which bring natural adherence and enthusiasm for use. You'll be happy driving us towards the right solutions and be unafraid of real data proving you wrong.
What you will be doing
- Help solve business critical problems through technology
- Champion the user at every turn, ensuring we create the best possible experiences
- Build and iterate upon our core applications and other incredible projects
- Be a part of a self organising, results oriented Agile team
- Experimenting with new tools and technologies to produce cutting-edge solutions to business problems
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code quality and organisation
Your skills & capabilities
- Successful candidates will likely have 5+ years' relevant experience
- Extensive iOS development experience (iOS SDK, Xcode, Swift (preferred), ObjectiveC)
- Excellent understanding of iOS UX/UI guidelines/best practices and the ability to engage with the creative team to deliver pragmatic solutions, balancing design, quality and velocity
- Excellent understanding of iOS app architecture and use of design patterns
- Experience of working in Agile methodologies e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- Strong OO & Swift skills, with an appreciation for pragmatism and simplicity in code
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills across all levels of the organisation and external 3rd parties / suppliers
Playing to your strengths
- Resilience - to show adaptability and willingness to work across teams, contributing wherever you can
- Sense of urgency - to be able to focus your energy on where it matters the most
- Communication - open, clear, and frequent communicator who is confident in their convictions but listens to other opinions with fairness.
- Self-starter - to be able to hit the ground running and help create the future of healthcare
- Attention to detail - working with someone as important as people’s health means we obsess over every detail and make sure we get it right.
- Vision - imagine what is possible, and drive our business forward.
- Talented, resourceful, and determined.
- This team has a passion to build technology that solves one of the biggest global challenges – human longevity.
Come join us!
We believe magic happens when you bring together diverse ideas, experiences, and styles. We want to create a world where people live longer, fuller lives, and to do that well we need a team that represents all of the people and communities who use our solutions. We are an environment where everyone has the opportunity to do their best work
If there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please get in touch.
To all recruitment agencies: Huma does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Huma employees or any other organization location. Huma is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.