Are you maniacal about clean code? Does scalable architecture make your heart sing? Do you want to solve complex problems with crazy smart people in a 100% remote environment? The team at IWT would love to talk to you.
About the role
As the Senior IT Lead you'll be responsible for all day to day IT operations. We have no in house development so you'll wear a lot of hats including:
- Sourcing and managing external IT vendor partners
- Partnering with other teams and vendors to lead issue resolution and post mortems
- Planning the IT release roadmap and calendar
- Managing the IT Backlog
- Defining and communicating technical requirements
- Validating the work of external vendors and approving delivery of code
- Defining the process and policies required to manage multiple IT platforms, internal and external stakeholders, and providing outstanding delivery to a user base of over 500,000 users.
In this role you'll report directly to the Director of Operations. You'll manage your own budget and your own department. If you are an architect or developer with exceptional organizational skills and want to take a jump into a more strategic role, you're exactly who we're looking for. If you've ever wanted a chance to make your mark and run your own show, this is a great opportunity for you.
- 3+ years building highly dynamic and scalable web applications using PHP, WordPress and WordPress plug-ins in a fast cycle development environment.
- 2+ years experience with AWS
- Experience in CakePHP and Ruby on Rails
- Extensive experience with integrating multiple systems (API, etc)
- Hands on experience in Release Management and DevOps
- Exceptional written and verbal communications
- Strong architectural comprehension
- Deep commitment to quality, scalable code and agile delivery
- Ability to work unsupervised and take ownership
- Hyper organized
- Great sense of humor
- Able to work remotely with your own phone, computer and high speed internet access in place.
- This is a full-time, 100% remote position. Must be US based.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in the infoproducts industry or with ecommerce
- BS in Computer Science or other technical field
- Experience with Salesforce or Marketo
- Prior experience leading virtual teams
- Prior experience in Vendor Management and Sourcing
- Past leadership experience
- Prior experience in Project Management or Technical Analysis
For the past 13 years, we’ve quietly built a private company that has become one of the leaders in online education and self development. Over 1 million Top Performers read us every month for advice on money, entrepreneurship, careers, relationships, and personal productivity. We build no-BS personal-development brands that deliver real results. We tell the truth about how the world works -- even when it’s uncomfortable to hear. We value trust over short-term sales. We’re selective and demanding about who we serve.
We’re a high performance team of exceptionally talented and diverse individuals, and we nurture each other’s personalities, creativity and obsessions to bring forth unique content, products and services to the market. Our goal is to help millions of people live richer, more fulfilling lives. And it takes an entire team committed to something bigger than themselves to make that kind of impact.
We are seeking high caliber individuals who want to help push us to the next level. If you like to move quickly and have a bias for action, you’ll fit right into our fast-paced, results-based environment. We’re a 100% remote/virtual team environment where you can work from wherever you are. We’re excited to work alongside the best in the world to make a difference in millions of people’s lives.