Senior. IT Project Manager, Base in London UK:
Tencent Overseas IT has the mission to empower Tencent’s rapid global growth with future ready, global IT platforms, applications and services. We are chartered to lead the Overseas IT strategy, architecture, roadmap and execution. Satisfying our internal/external customers and becoming a world class global IT team are our top aspirations.
We are currently seeking a passionate Sr. IT Project Manager, Reporting to Tencent’s Europe IT Center, this position will be based in London, UK, responsible for IT projects like IT products, platforms, applications, infrastructure and process optimization projects.
- Act as domain expert in both IT and business, IT project manager who focusing on client relationship management, is responsible for building and establishing positive relationship between Tencent oversea IT and its internal/external business clients such as Tencent Europe Game Studios and other business departments.
- In-depth understanding of Tencent Europe ‘s internal/external business clients, continuous communication of clients’s IT needs, able to collect & identify business clients’ pain points, problems and potential demands, then transform them to IT-language requirements, ensure the orderly management of IT requirements.
- IT Solution adoption: promote existing IT solutions to business based on need/value. Represents service feedback from the business to IT.
- As a member of Tencent Europe IT team, organize business demands review and IT requirement review meeting, write high quality business requirements review reports and other IT requirements documents.
- According to the company's business development, manage and optimize IT projects, pay attention to delivery efficiency and operating costs, and be responsible for business satisfaction and delivery quality.
- Work with project sponsors to identify project scope, define success criteria, build and manage project budget, and outline resource requirements.
- Break down plans into digestible parts and lead team throughout the lifecycle of the demand including go-live support.
- Effectively communicate with relevant, x-functional stakeholders (business and IT in both HQ and Overseas) regularly to manage expectations and to provide product and project updates on scope, budget, velocity and key performance metrics.
- Engage project steering committee for guidance and key decisions.
- Provide simple, to the point, quality stat using consistently to different audience including executives.
- Identify and manage risks, issues, action items and decisions.
- Foster relationships and collaborate with cross functional teams and different org levels including but not limited to business stakeholders, design teams & engineering teams
- Continuously improve IT product and infrastructure management processes, enhance Speed to Market, such as but not limited to, process optimization, automation, self-service and supportability.
- Define and deliver quantitative and qualitative data driven analytics/metrics to drive and measure product capabilities adoption, customer satisfaction and continuous improvements.
Who we are looking for:
- Self-motivated, articulate, passionate to deliver the best result and achieve the highest customer satisfaction. Quick learner.
- Love satisfying customers with a state of art solutions, realizing ideas, building services, and unlocking the potential of new technology!
- Collaborative, independent, insistent, flexible, and open minded. And you see no conflict in any of these things.
- Knowledgeable, resourceful and show initiative. You always keep the customer’s objectives in mind.
- Positive by nature, a great team player, and both dependable and autonomous.
- Customer oriented and could work at a very fast pace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. MS/MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of leading and delivering IT project delivery.
- Strong understanding of IT systems, IT planning process and IT project management.
- Demonstrable results in delivering modern, integrated, innovative cloud-based applications.
- Candidate can operate across business and IT team, confident enough to ask questions of both IT and business experts.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, to all levels of an organization
- Good logical thinking ability, strong data analysis ability, strong insight and judgment on business’s IT needs.
- Strong experience with project management methodologies and tools such as Agile, SCRUM, Jira, Trello, etc.
- Strong deliverables management and running meetings for requirements, technical design, progress, and status
- Familiar with SaaS products and Solutions, experience in Cloud-based IT solution implementation is preferred.
- Fluent in English, Chinese is preferred but not required.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Tencent:
Diversity, equity and inclusion are important, interdependent components of our workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we firmly believe that diverse voices fuel our innovation and allow us to better serve our users and the community. We foster an environment where every employee of Tencent feels supported and inspired to achieve individual and common goals.