BuzzFeed NYC is hiring a Senior IT Specialist. We’re looking for an experienced IT professional to assist the current IT leadership team with project management in the NYC office.
We are looking for a candidate that has experience managing IT projects from the research to implementation stage, who is able to delegate tasks and rally a team to complete a project. Individual should have experience with office moves and/or buildouts as well. Being organized and able to juggle multiple tasks is a must as the environment of the company is busy and ever-changing. Being able to provide great customer service is equally as important--you’ve got to love the people you help and love what you do. Individual must be ambitious and must be a go-getter.
We’re looking for an upbeat and engaged person to join our current IT team. At its core, IT is a support department which exists to make sure employees can actually do their jobs--we like to think of ourselves as technology therapists.
This job is based in our NYC office, and we offer competitive compensation and a stock option program.
- Work with IT leadership team on IT projects from research to implementation
- Provide escalation support for IT Specialists on the team
- Build relationships with other departments within the organization
- Well versed in administering cloud based services
- Act as mentor for other IT Specialists
- Actively work on policies and procedures and assist with enforcement
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets through help desk/problem management software--detail is key
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues that end-users are having
- Previous experience with project management and tools (JIRA, Trello, Basecamp)
- Previous experience with office moves and/or buildouts
- Must be customer-focused, personable, professional and detail-oriented
- Must be an ambitious self-starter who is able to tackle issues independently but able to delegate tasks to others as needed
- Proficient in both following and creating documentation for the rest of team
- Strong troubleshooting skills and proven ability to use the tools at hand to research and resolve problems
- Able to troubleshoot Mac OS X and software issues
- Able to troubleshoot Windows issues
- Speed is key -- you've got to be fast
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts is a must
- Experience troubleshooting A/V setups for video conferencing including Cisco Codecs and hosted solutions like Google Hangouts and Blue Jeans
- Ability to set up and troubleshoot Google Apps Enterprise issues
- Familiarity with JAMF Casper Suite, Adobe CC, Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with networking hardware from Meraki
BuzzFeed is a global media company that produces and distributes original news, entertainment and video. BuzzFeed is redefining online advertising with its social, content-driven publishing technology and reaches a global audience of over 200M monthly uniques and 1.5B monthly video views.