Why is this role important at Infobip?
Every great company’s success starts with having a great product. To write our success story, it is essential to continue innovating and developing our global, in-house developed product. As a Software Engineer, you will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of complex architecture (scalability, high throughput, balancing...) of a 4-nine uptime system that drives huge traffic.
More about your job and influence:
As a software engineer, you will work in an agile team, which will work on development and maintenance of A2P communications channels connecting enterprise clients with end users over mobile operators. The project will develop and integrate features for communication channels such as Apple Business chat, Facebook Messenger and Line.
- You‘ll be using cutting edge solutions (Java 13, Spring Boot, React, Kafka...) for creating, maintaining and optimising high load distributed services that are a part of our messaging platform.
- You will directly impact the quality of the software we produce, dealing with challenges of large architecture (scalability, fail over, balancing...) that sends over 400 mil messages daily.
- We expect that you take proactive ownership of tasks and see them through to completion. Responsibility for coding, bug testing, software deployment, tracking the product through its lifecycle and communication with the internal teams are also included
- You will work on demanding tasks that require responsibility and freedom to choose the best technologies for that challenge.
- You will work on an in-house developed product so there is no contract forcing you to guerilla develop something and troubleshoot later.
You know you are doing a good job when:
- You write well designed, testable and scalable code in accordance to clean code principles and team agreement.
- All code you produce is thoroughly tested for bugs and reviewed before going into production.
- You have a great general overview of the system that your team is dependent of, understanding the interactions and dependencies among those components.
- You regularly contribute to discussions and brainstorming with high quality ideas that result in adoption and improvements.
- You proactively share knowledge and help your team evolve into a better team.
More about you:
- You are a senior professional looking for a high-growth challenge.
- You have worked before on a high load, large scale platform that has to be highly available.
- You have experience working with Java, Spring and Spring Boot development and delivering multi-tier enterprise applications
- You know how to build high load distributed service-oriented applications.
- You share our passion for building high quality software in agile environment.
- You know and care about engineering practices like continuous delivery and automated testing.
- You are genuinely curious about how things work, always looking to improve code quality, development process etc.
- You build positive, lasting relationships with colleagues in the team.
Why our employees choose us (and stay)?
Cutting edge technology & processes – To us, continuous delivery and integration aren't just buzzwords. Be a part of a team that deploys something to production every 6 minutes.
Global products developed in-house – We depend on the quality of our in-house developed products, which is why we put so much emphasis on code quality. The fact that our products are being used by half of the world’s population means that we have to make our software platform scalable.
Opportunity knocks. Often – Being a part of a growing company in a growing industry – we work together with you on your personal growth! Whether it’s horizontal, vertical, or angular, we want to support the path that you want to carve.
Learn as you grow– Starting from the Orientation Week as an onboarding program, to internal education, our 3-day Dev conference, Hackathons to attending conferences, we invest heavily in employee learning and development.
Educational budget – You get to decide will you spend your budget on conferences, online courses or certifications.
Compensation & Benefits – Competitive salary, health benefits, expatriate compensation packages for your business trips, a team taking care of all the equipment you need, team buildings and other organised activities, a kitchen stocked with the usual suspects, flexible working hours, opportunity to work from home up to 5 days per month, regular salary and performance reviews, internal conference for developers which brings together 7 development center in thermal resort... Talk about a balanced lifestyle!