Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone … everywhere
We're an e-commerce platform with the mission to make commerce better for everyone. Our platform powers over 800,000 merchants around the world, and we’re just getting started. Shopify’s International team has the exciting mission to make commerce better for everyone...everywhere!
Making Shopify, and ultimately commerce, better for merchants around the world brings deeply interesting product challenges across language, behaviours, currency & trade, and ultimately, culture. We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
The International Team:
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants around the globe. On the International team, we define success as unlocking millions of new merchants from new countries. Our work is in both localization, and new products that Shopify needs to offer for specific foreign markets.
Some of our goals include: providing language support, providing payments in the native currency, accepting payments in the socially accepted methods of each country, and making Shopify itself more accessible to merchants.
What will you be be doing?
- You will lead a team of Country Product Managers, at the forefront of tailoring Shopify to each market.
- You will spend time with merchants around the world to understand commerce, entrepreneurship, and how Shopify can help build opportunities for our merchants.
- You will be giving country- and discipline-specific support to each member of your team
- You will give direction to other teams at Shopify on how their products can be tailored to fit the needs to international merchants.
- You will direct our next country investments, and direct our path of entry to each market.
- You will create a holistic roadmap for the International Product team
- You will build trust within your team and organization to be the resource and subject matter expert for International products.
- You will collaborate with user experience (UX) and engineering to balance the right decisions for the product with the right decisions for the users.
- You will be traveling to our international offices 20% of the time
What experience do I need?
- You’ve worked across time-zones, and cultures and appreciate how hard this can be.
- You’ve previously managed a geographically distributed team, across multiple time zones
- You’ve successfully built new products from scratch, preferably in the e-commerce or SaaS industry
- You’ve owned of the product roadmap for a team of PMs
- You’ve lived, worked, or travelled the world.
- You love, learn from, and appreciate cultures around the world.
- You’re curious about how commerce has been shaped around the world, and want to make a dent in the future.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and equity in a fast growing publicly traded company
- Generous and flexible perks program that puts you in control of annual budgets for healthcare, lifestyle, charitable giving and retirement savings
- Catered meals every day at the office
- Flexible vacation policy so you can take time off to recharge when you need it
- Comprehensive health, dental plans for you and your dependents
- Flexible work hours
- World class offices designed to help you do your best work
- Learning budgets, mentorship opportunities, one-on-one coaching and skill development workshops
- A global problem space that will experience broad cultural differences.