Senior Legal Contracts Manager
at Catapult Sports
Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 - we don't just work in the sporting industry; we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches “play smart” in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimize athletes’ health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for a driven, accountable, and experienced Senior Legal Contract Manager who will be based in Boston and report to the General Counsel in Melbourne. This is a newly created position for someone who wants to make their mark in a global technology company by owning the end-to-end contract process with customers and vendors, and partnering with multiple internal stakeholders across the globe.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Establish, embed and maintain an efficient end-to-end contract management process, including:
- Researching and recommending a contract management solution
- Partnering with IT to implement a contract management solution
- Establishing an organizational contract management process
- Partnering with stakeholders to successfully implement a change management program for these solutions and new processes
- Draft, analyze, negotiate, revise and execute an array of contracts with customers and vendors and other appropriate parties
- Build and maintain a centralized file, storage and documentation system for all contract-related material
- Build out language libraries and special contract terms
- Identify opportunities to improve business processes and devise plans to implement these changes
- Partner with sales, finance, product, and other internal stakeholders to negotiate and close commercial contracts while ensuring the terms comply with corporate policies and procedures
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, clients, and other business connections
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience building and maintaining a contract management system
- 7+ years of contracts negotiation experience (software or SaaS preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree
- CPCM certification (Certified Professional Contracts Manager) awarded by the NCMA or other relevant certification (desirable)
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication in order to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether you’re interested in sports or not, you’ll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and athletes on the planet!
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.