AE Works is actively seeking a Senior Low Voltage Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 7 years’ practical experience in an Architectural & Engineering (A&E) setting designing cabling infrastructure for diverse and complex environments such as higher education, datacenters, commercial/mixed use, healthcare, and government facilities.
Individuals who are qualified for this position are organized/detail oriented, have effective oral and written communication skills, analytical/problem solving skills, and be able to work in a scheduled, driven, and challenging environment.
Role and Responsibilities for Position:
- Flexibility to travel as necessary to conduct site assessments and interview clients to document goals/requirements, deficiencies, and develop solutions/implementation strategies.
Lead design activities on multiple projects in various lifecycle stages to produce Division 27 Communications and Division 28 Electronic Safety & Security construction documents including basis of design (BOD) narratives, floor plans with outlet locations, telecommunication room layouts, details, equipment rack elevations, backbone line/riser diagrams, and written specifications.
- Conduct market research and produce rough order of magnitude construction estimates (ROM)
- Actively participate in meetings and lead discussions with technical and non-technical project stakeholders including clients, architects, engineers, and contractors to schedule/coordinate activities, resolve conflicts, and conduct design reviews.
- Perform technical compliance review of Contractor bid documents, product submittals, and as-built record documents, and respond to requests for information (RFI).
Technical Job Requirements:
- Possess an active Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) credential.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Revit/CAD, and Bluebeam applications.
- Extensive knowledge of industry codes, standards, and best practices. Also, common infrastructure subsystems including pathways, telecommunications grounding/bonding, power, equipment racks/cabinets, outside cable plant, and horizontal/backbone cabling distribution.
- Technical expertise in commercial antennae television (CATV), audio visual/video teleconferencing (AV/VTC), local/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), Wi-Fi, distributed audio/overhead paging, distributed antennae systems (DAS), electronic safety & security (ESS).