Fellow began as a Kickstarter campaign and has grown into a global brand with distributors and customers in more than 50 countries. We bring the specialty coffee experience to people's homes via beautifully designed coffee ware that marries form and function. We currently have a small, passionate, and committed team that loves to see coffee tools come to life.
Fellow is on a mission to give you the gear, the guidance, and the coffee to make your brewing routine a moment of creativity. In service of that mission, we are seeking a Senior Manager of Brand Marketing to join our team. This role will own Fellow’s integrated marketing efforts and our organic social media, PR, influencer, and brand collaboration and partnership initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a brand evangelist, anchored in telling stories that inspire current and aspiring specialty coffee lovers. Native to digital and social but familiar with retail and in-person experiences, adept at architecting newsworthy product launches and sustaining programs alike. An effective and trusted cross-functional partner, you can champion, lead, and deliver bold concepts from ideation to execution. This individual maintains a strong pulse on marketing trends and cultural zeitgeist, and marries those with data and creative thinking to craft strategies that fuel our ambitious growth and deepen the connection with our community.
The Senior Brand Specialist will accomplish all of this while living out Fellowship Thinking, our leadership principles:
Fellowship Thinking centers our customers, always.
Fellowship Thinking views all goals as shared.
Fellowship Thinking never stops improving.
Fellowship Thinking says “yes, if”.
Fellowship Thinking deliberately seeks equity.
Please note this person is required to be located in the Bay Area. This is a hybrid position with multiple in-office days each week. This role is a 6+ month contract to start with potential to hire (depending on fit).
- Dream up and execute newsworthy product launches, seasonal, and evergreen integrated, 360-marketing campaigns that drive both buzz and sales.
- Drive brand awareness and lead Fellow to become a household name in specialty coffee at home.
- Own all of Fellow’s organic social media channels, including community growth, content planning, and execution.
- Unlock growth through relationships, campaigns, and collaborations with key influencers both within specialty coffee and in the broader lifestyle space.
- Own relationship with our external PR agency, and drive Fellow’s brand awareness by landing newsworthy press coverage for product launches, brand campaigns, and major brand moments.
- Lead communications strategy and activations for brand or product collaborations and partnerships.
- Direct and execute press, trade, and consumer events including trade shows, product launches, and brand activations.
- Support Fellow in becoming truly omnichannel; connect our brand and our campaigns seamlessly across marketing and distribution channels.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in consumer focused brands with an omnichannel presence, including 5+ years of direct ownership of social media, PR, and influencer channelsMaster storyteller who brings passion, energy and inspiration to the forefront
- Breath of experience with brand and campaign communications across digital and physical channels; ability to architect 360 integrated marketing campaigns in close collaboration with marketing channel leaders
- Excellent, multi-faceted communicator with strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively to achieve communications objectives
- Immersed in brand marketing best practices and the latest developments in new channels, platforms, and technologies
- Meticulous planner, able to manage complexity in both products and channelsScrappy with high standards; champagne taste, beer budget
- Bonus points if you are passionate about the world of specialty coffee
Our highest goal at Fellow is creating a safe, inclusive, and rewarding environment where everyone can bring their whole selves to work and thrive. We are committed to building diverse teams and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
Fellow is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.