About the Role
We’re looking for an experienced marketer with deep knowledge of online marketing channels to help own our consumer growth strategy. As a member of the Growth Marketing Team, you’ll be responsible for overseeing performance and growth strategy across core social, display, online video, affiliate and email channels, as well as testing new, cutting edge publishers & technologies. You’ll be leading a team and working with cross functional partners on Finance, Creative, Analytics, BI and Product to build financial forecasting, develop hard-working creative assets, and build tools & dashboarding to better analyze and automate campaign performance. In addition to acquiring and retaining customers to our core marketplace business, you’ll also be responsible for using paid channels to increase adoption of new products/verticals, develop co-marketing initiatives with our largest merchant partners, and launch in new markets/countries.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage multi-million dollar monthly digital budgets across digital paid marketing channels, including Facebook/Instagram, Snap, Affiliate, YouTube, Display, Email and more
- Work closely with agencies and in-house team to optimize media buying in effort to hit aggressive growth targets in a cost-effective manner
- Establish channel forecasts and budget recommendations, with the speed and ownership to adjust tactics and strategies quickly based on learnings and opportunities
- Direct and manage agencies to achieve goals and ROI targets
- Maintain and monitor key metrics across channels including budget pacing, LTV, and CAC
- Manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Test new channels and technology to identify incremental audiences and inventory for accelerating growth
- Write creative briefs to define program objectives and KPIs
- Work closely with the other teams and stakeholders to ensure goals are met
We’re excited about you because…
You’re a results-oriented marketer with demonstrated experience managing multiple paid advertising agencies and in-house teams/campaigns. You take a customer-centric approach, and you’re passionate about doing what’s right for our customers and brand. You are highly analytical and count A/B testing, optimizing customer acquisition costs, and analyzing campaign performance among your core competencies. You have experience leading teams and communicating effectively cross-functionally and upward to c-level stakeholders. Most importantly, you are eager to roll up your sleeves to find opportunities and efficiencies in a fast-moving company at the forefront of on-demand food ordering. Also, you probably love food.
- You have a passion for marketing. You stay up to date on the industry, platforms and changes as they roll out.
- You have a BA/BS degree and 7-10 years of related performance marketing and/or consulting experience.
- You have 2+ years experience managing direct reports.
- You have deep familiarity with CPA, CPC, CPM, and LTV.
- You are highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets, as well as a strong grasp of funnel analytics, A/B testing, and metrics driven performance marketing.
- You have a deep understanding of paid marketing channels (Social, Display, Affiliate, Search, Mobile).
- You are outstanding ability to think creatively, identify and resolve problems.
- You have attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- You have the ability to synthesize complex ideas into actionable recommendations for senior executives.
- Experience with Web & App Tracking/Attribution (preferred)
- Proficiency in SQL (preferred)
- Experience working on multi-sided marketplace businesses (preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.