Headspace was founded in London in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe. Originally conceived as a meditation events company, Headspace has evolved into the world’s most popular meditation app. Using proven mindfulness techniques, it will teach you how to train your mind for a healthier, happier life. Sessions take as little as 10 minutes a day, and you can do them wherever and whenever you like. Our app has now been downloaded more than 13 million times in over 190 countries, helping so many people to enjoy the benefits of a clearer calmer mind. Today, we’re ready to embark on the next phase in our evolution: to become the world’s most comprehensive guide to health and happiness.
Last summer we completed a $30mm Series A funding round. The round was led by The Chernin Group, with significant participation from other media and tech leaders including Jim Breyer (via Breyer Capital), Allen & Co, William Morris Endeavor, Freelands Ventures (the venture arm of Elisabeth Murdoch) and Advancit (the venture arm of Shari Redstone). Rounding out the raise were a handful of influential individuals including Jeff Weiner (LinkedIn CEO), Jessica Alba, Ryan Seacrest, and Jared Leto.
You can read more about us in Fast Company or the New Yorker.
About the Manager, Corporate Information Technology @ Headspace:
Headspace is looking for a Manager of Corporate IT to ensure both its employees have the access to the technology they need to be successful in their positions and the company is secure with respect to those technologies. This person will lead a small team overseeing the immediate needs, near-term management, and long-term planning of all matters relating to Employee Technology, including: software applications and systems, networking architecture and access, and data storage. As an internal service provider the role is expected to provide superior service through efficient resource management, diligent vetting of suppliers, and systematic problem solving. Success will be determined by the Manager’s ability to leverage technical knowledge with a strong sense of business operations and superior communication and prioritization.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Oversee all aspects of employee technology inclusive of employee applications, networking and data storage, conference room telephony and video conferencing.
- Identify future Corporate IT resource needs including staff, software, services, and hardware. Collaborate with company leaders to develop technology and process improvements. Manage implementation projects through Change Control.
- Manage IT Helpdesk activities including issue response, systems, processes, performance metrics and planning. Provide technical guidance, leadership, and subject matter expertise to users with application, service and hardware difficulties.
- Develop and implement Corporate IT related systems analysis, quality assurance and testing policies, standards, procedures and methodologies.
- Oversee technical projects related to employee technology in alignment with organizational goals.
- Oversee network operations insuring high availability, secure user access, best in class UX, and robust disaster recovery provisions.
- Oversee administration and maintenance of office technology infrastructure to include networks (LAN, VPN), file servers, software applications, phones, copiers, video conferencing and other technologies.
- Responsible for selection and implementation of new or replacement applications, systems and services. Manage supplier partnerships and negotiate prices, terms and contract structures on behalf of the company.
- Manages and controls hardware/software inventory to include procurement and disposal.
- Create, manage, and maintain IT Security and Compliance policies in accordance with current trends and industry best practices. Act as main point of contact for IT related requests during compliance audits.
- Manage, maintain and test Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery systems and processes.
- Must be very hands-on when needed. Last line of escalation.
What you’ve accomplished:
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or related field
- Five or more years of experience in network administration and management with administrative or supervisory experience
- Robust knowledge of the current Corporate IT environment including corporate applications, networking, services and hardware
- Strong customer service skills, both in-person and via email, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capable of presenting complex technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to respond quickly, competently and patiently to internal staff
- Ability to gather information, evaluate options and offer good working solutions
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and tools common in forward leaning companies
- Familiarity with OSX 10.x, Windows 7/10 and Linux operating
- Knowledge of industry standard software and hardware including: basic networking, DNS, wireless connectivity, network printing, and VPN
- Experience with enterprise grade credential management systems, i.e. SSO
- Familiarity with of corporate mobile device software and management
- Familiarity with Video Conference equipment and applications and IP phone systems
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.