PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manger, Design & Construction
San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is seeking an experienced, hands-on senior manager to run the Design & Construction function for the SIE Americas portfolio.
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Facilities & Real Estate, this critical role will oversee the delivery of the department’s project workload, which is estimated to be $400M+ over a 5-year period. We are looking for someone to be accountable for working with the Management Team to deliver construction projects in a collaborative and fun way.
The ideal candidate must be able to build relationships, achieve consensus when leaders have diverse opinions, drive decision making, and communicate information quickly and effectively so the physical workspace can support a dynamic workforce.
- Direct the design, construction, and related professional service providers
- Collaborate with contractors and design professionals in obtaining the necessary approvals and permits
- Participate in negotiating final construction and professional service provider contracts
- Participate in regularly scheduled management meetings with team members
- Assist in development of capital budgets for the portfolio, including contributions towards a five- year plan of maintenance, facility improvement, and cost reduction initiatives
- Review KPIs and to identify service gaps and recurring issues and provide corrective actions
- Manage and coach the staff
- Oversee project management including collecting bids, building schedules, and communicating outcomes
- Collaborate with corporate functions to optimize project delivery
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery, responsible for periodic and ongoing performance and financial reviews, conducting RFP’s, and ensuring payments and invoicing match contract pricing
- Manage and drive customer focus within all areas of project management activities and ensure that effective relationships are maintained with key client contacts
- Drive innovation through the implementing of best practices, operational and service efficiency, as well as the identification of industry trends and tools that would contribute to our operational excellence goals
- Communicate across all levels of the organization to gather feedback, assess needs, and execute projects in both a timely and budget conscious manner
- Bachelors in a relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 10+ years of experience in a related field
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Superior understanding of construction schedules, facility operations, technology, furniture, fixtures, and equipment
- Project management credentials (PMP, PPM, CSSBB) a plus
- Hospitality experience a plus
- AutoCAD skillset a plus
- Highly adaptable, comfortable with change and ambiguity, capable of quickly rallying teams and resources
- Ability to budget, make financial projections and write reports
- Ability to plan, organize, motivate, mentor, direct and evaluate the work of others
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Promote and exhibit the highest level of professionalism and great work ethic
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and external vendors
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications (esp. Project, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and manage competing priorities
- Ability to think strategically to analyze the needs of the business and define solutions
- Ability to navigate between strategic work and tactical execution
- The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, anticipates problems, and takes initiative with little guidance, all while maintaining a positive attitude
- Open-mindedness and a collaborative spirit
- Passion for customer service
- Committed to continuous improvement
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.