A BIT ABOUT US
Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring software that companies like Netflix, Shopify, Atlassian, and McGraw Hill rely on to grow their teams. We've rethought the talent acquisition paradigm and are the innovation leaders in our space and looking for the right people to join us as we scale.
We’re extraordinarily proud of the company we’ve built so far (not to mention humbled to be recognized as the #1 place to work in San Francisco, as well as a top workplace in the entire United States). Our people are Lever’s biggest competitive advantage and we’ll continue investing in our “Leveroos” and people-first culture.
Lever seeks a talented Sr. Marketing Manager of Digital & Web Strategy to lead our company's web and digital marketing efforts. The successful candidate must possess excellent leadership qualities to maximize the talents of our team and partner agencies. We have many stories to tell about the rapidly changing world of applicant tracking and talent acquisition to our customers and how we're helping organizations transform their sourcing and hiring efforts to drive and deliver powerful business outcomes. Our goal is to have an informative, disruptive, and interactive website, more importantly, to be scalable that drives conversions that lead to revenue. You are a website expert with skills in strategy, analytics, project management, development, coding, and creative design to own the back-end development and execution of our marketing web properties.
As the web strategy leader, you will work closely with the broader marketing team and organization to develop digital experiences that help drive business growth and create opportunities for our customers to have quality engagements with Lever. We are in a fast-paced category; this position requires working under tight deadlines and with maximum flexibility.
This is an excellent opportunity for a marketing professional interested in owning and designing the next generation of Lever digital properties that will drive departmental and organizational goals. This role has high exposure cross-functionally and with executive leadership. Our website is our largest digital footprint that exemplifies our category leadership and brand. Suppose you are inspired by our goal to inform, disrupt, and drive engagement while building, testing, measuring, and optimizing for superior results. In that case, this role will continue to offer you professional growth and deep satisfaction. As a functional leader driving results, you will report directly to the VP of Marketing at Lever.
THE SKILL SET
- Passion for web development and marketing.
- 6-8 years of Digital experience in B2B SaaS environments leading highly engaging digital properties (website, micros-sites, portals, online-learning/academies, and communities).
- 4-6 years of experience managing a roadmap and timelines. Providing direction, guidance, and QC to the team including both direct and indirect reports focused on creative, engineering, content, operations, and demand generation.
- 4-6 years of experience managing a corporate website, front-end development, website auditing, and conversion rate optimization experience.
- The ability to work well with ambiguity and lead projects to completion - preference if you’ve managed projects leveraging project management tools (We use Asana, but Wrike, Monday, etc. work as well).
- Solid eye for design and UX and experience working with design tools (e.g., Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, etc.).
- Working knowledge of marketing automation platforms and technology stack (Marketo, SFDC, Google Analytics & Tag Manager) as well as other common applications (integrations, heat mapping, a/b testing, chat, personalization, analytics, ABM, etc.).
- Direct knowledge and/or past ownership of SEO, web marketing experience (analytics, lead capture, and marketing automation.
- Familiarity with on-going security compliance (GDPR)
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU’LL
- Complete Ramp Camp, our comprehensive onboarding program designed to get you up to speed on all aspects of the business with a cross-functional cohort of new Leveroos. You'll learn about our business, product, vision and team and gain an understanding of how your role fits into Lever's broader organization.
- Meet with key stakeholders from Marketing, Sales, Customer Success & Support, People (HR), Legal, and other teams to get a better understanding of our industry, competitors, business, OKRs, and differentiators and how your work fits in.
- Initiate and complete a website audit - understand the technology, applications, code, performance, etc. that is happening on the current domain.
- Identify opportunities in our technology and partnership abilities in order to scale to business needs.
- Identify quick wins and fixes and reduce the number of critical and secondary errors.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Stabilize and establish best practices and processes.
- Analytics Evaluation - to understand what we are measuring and enhancements.
- Topical Keyword Search - understand what the site is currently positioned and ranking for and cross analyze that with our core keywords and the competition.
- Information architecture analysis & implementation - determine if the architecture supports current and future campaigns and does it provide a positive user experience for our customers.
- Establish benchmark report and goals (department and quarterly OKRs).
- Scale web security and compliance to ensure privacy and security, globally.
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Optimize the website to enhance SEO, UX, Navigation, and Journeys.
- Create a roadmap based on the audit to address the next steps to increase website performance.
- Optimize Google Tag Manager to manage all web tags, minimize duplication, create triggers and manage customizations efficiently.
- Identify keyword opportunities and correlate those by webpage to generate SEO and increase earned lead conversion.
- Audit Content Messaging and set conversion goals.
- Establish a link building strategy and plan to grow hyperlinks from other websites to Lever.co.
- Reassess your benchmark and set new goals as a part of setting your quarterly OKRs.
WITHIN 12 MONTHS, YOU’LL
- Maintain website optimization on all our global web properties.
- Establish best practices for digital efforts for direct and social marketing.
- Share best practices to include internal properties (e.g., support site, communities, etc.).
- Outline 12 to 24 month plan to continue to drive revenue and measure through the website.
- Outline specific web journeys for our personas.
- Amplify the search capabilities of our website.
- Communicate a quarterly roadmap and calendar, internally, to communicate changes coming to the website with justification.
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
THE LEVER STORY
Lever builds modern recruiting software for teams to source, interview, and hire top talent. Our team strives to set a new bar for enterprise software with modern, well-designed, real-time apps. We participated in Y Combinator in summer 2012, and since then have raised $73 million. As the applicant tracking system of choice for Netflix, Eventbrite, ClearSlide, change.org, and thousands more leading companies, Lever means you hire the best by hiring together.
Lever is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives. Learn more about our team culture and commitment to diversity and inclusion.