Are you a strong leader who, through your actions, prioritizes the continuous development of teams? Are you versed in the complexities of technical accounting? Are you looking for a dynamic technology environment where new initiatives and consistent learning define daily life? If so, the Senior Manager, Global Accounting role at Pendo may be a great fit for you.
Pendo is looking for a strong people-first leader with excellent understanding of US GAAP to join our accounting team as Senior Manager, Global Accounting. The successful candidate will be passionate about motivating people, developing talent and building high performing teams. This individual will have a history of driving process improvements that enable scaling with future growth as well as a track record of successful project management.
Lead the multi-entity, global financial close process including ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial results, preparing and reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and schedules
- Serve as accounting subject matter expert on technical matters including business combinations, share based compensation, lease accounting etc.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal controls over financial reporting consistent with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Manage M&A activities and related purchase price accounting activities as well as ensuring financial integration
- Manage the company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Manage consolidated and statutory audits globally
- Develop thorough understanding of the company and general ledger structure to ensure that accounting set up aligns with the business
- Prepare and/or review quarterly cash flow statements, supporting schedules and footnote support
- Lead the preparation and presentation of the month end financial close package for leadership
- Research accounting standards and document our approach to any new GAAP requirements
- Assist with global cash forecasting
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures based on industry best practices that drives IPO readiness
- Understand ASC 606 implications to support revenue related transactions and contract cost capitalization
- Lead accounting related system implementations
- Manage company T&E and accounts payable functions
- Assist with treasury, tax, and compliance requests
- Work cross functionally with different departments including HR, IT, and Finance
- Collaborate with FP&A to advise on the accounting impacts of business changes
- Collaborate with our tax function to ensure entries for the tax provision and transfer pricing are properly entered each period
- Complete ad hoc reporting and additional project requests as assigned or necessary
- Work directly with vendors, customers and other departments to consistently deliver superior customer service as well as to support company initiatives
- Provide general accounting expertise, training, supervision and technical resource for staff members
- Proactively identify ways to shorten financial close timelines while maintaining quality work output and delivering high quality service to internal and external stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or closely related field
- CPA Required
- Minimum of 7 years of accounting experience including a mix of public accounting and industry experience, especially in a publicly traded environment
- Minimum of four 4 years managing global financial close processes in fast paced SaaS environment
- Strong US GAAP and financial reporting knowledge
- Experience leading global accounting operations
- Experience supporting SEC reporting including drafting footnote disclosures
- Strong experience with design and execution on SOX controls
- Experience with large ERP systems
- SEC reporting experience
- Transfer pricing, treasury and tax experience
- ASC 718 and ASC 805 experience
- IPO/Public company experience
- Ability to successfully communicate among all levels of employees to ensure the month end close is completed and any issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Ability to represent the Finance department favorably with other departments and external third parties
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate cross-functionally and across geographies and work in a high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Passionate about motivating people, developing talent and building high performing teams
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams where everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome all people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Pendo is committed to working with, and providing access and reasonable accommodation to, applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you think you may require accommodation(s) for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
The expected base salary range for this role in the following location is:
Raleigh, NC - $125,000 - $155,000.
Individual pay rate decisions, including offers made within and over the expected salary range, are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company.