Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
We are looking for a talented Information Governance Senior Manager to join the growing Information Governance + Legal Operations Team. Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities to find creative, practical and cutting-edge solutions that advance Airbnb’s global mission of belonging anywhere.
This position will report to the Information Governance + Legal Operations, Lead. This is a “ground floor” position, joining a newly formed team that is designing, building and managing this critical function from inception. The Information Governance Manager will partner with various members of the legal team and groups across the company to support Airbnb’s Information Governance Program.
Candidates should be execution-oriented, have a solid information governance background as well as strong business acumen, superior analytical and writing skills, and be enthusiastic, well organized, and team-focused. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a good sense of humor are all essential.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist with the design, development and operationalization of a successful Information Governance Program
- Assist with setting goals and objectives related to the Program that support the organization’s strategic plan, keeping the program credible and defensible
- Identify Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure the effectiveness of the program and ensure management has visibility of the health of the program
- Collaborate with stakeholders (i.e., regulated teams) to achieve information governance awareness, operationalization and compliance
- Develop training programs and be a point of contact for information governance education and awareness
- Coordinate revisions to policies and Records Retention Schedules
- Work collaboratively with team members to create and implement retention and legal hold strategies for active storage of records across systems
- Analyze business and records processes to improve retention requirements and disposition of records and information in alignment with our policies and schedules
- Develop and communicate best practices to all staff and assist in one-on-one and group training as necessary, including holding office hours
- Oversee record custodians to ensure records and information are secure throughout their lifecycle and preserved, managed and disposed of appropriately
- Develop audit protocols to support the effective maintenance of records against policies (e.g., policies and records retention schedules)
- Support the enhancement of records retention via periodic audits of records classification practices in active and / or deprecated systems
- Conduct regular assessments of the Information Governance Program to identify any areas of concern, develop action items to close gaps and execute to drive improvement
- Configure and monitor corporate systems and recommend technology / processes to enhance system capabilities in support of adoption and compliance with policies and schedules
- Serve as liaison to technical staff for information governance technology identification, selection, implementation and development
- Research and recommend new information governance approaches, methodologies, policies and procedures to affect continuous improvement
- Develop and sustain business relationships with internal stakeholders (i.e., Information Governance Taskforce) to maximize support and accomplish established goals
- Champion individual information governance projects by communicating and marketing to stakeholders consistent with the Information Governance Program’s goals and objectives
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in information systems, library science, business management, related degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education and the following job related experience:
- 10+ years experience in information resources management, information systems and technology, administrative management, or law as it applies to information governance
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams within an organization to successfully implement and maintain a comprehensive Information Governance Program
- Experience leading, supervising, interacting, advising and communicating effectively
- Demonstrated ability to research, develop and deliver presentation materials, conduct meetings, provide training and deliver presentations
- Experience with the governance capabilities of systems (e.g., Drive, Box, Quip, Slack, Workday, etc.)
- Information Governance Professional (IGP) and Certified Records Manager (CRM) certifications are a plus
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS), including Captivate is a plus
- Project Management Professional (PMP), desirable