Who We Are
Highlight is an agile in-home product intelligence platform, with a focus on CPG innovation. Highlight sends curated discovery boxes to its engaged community, in exchange for feedback via their research-optimized app. Our platform boasts 90% survey completion rates, can get product in hands in days, and seamlessly collects qualitative feedback at scale. Highlight is a woman-owned, minority-owned startup that’s growing to work with innovation and insights teams at companies like P&G, Pepsi, Nestle, Mars, and more. Highlight has brought together a community of brands and consumers that are united in their mission to create better products for all, and democratized access to data for both emerging and enterprise brands.
As the first dedicated hire to the Business Operations team, you will be at the heart of Highlight’s business, driving the most important strategic initiatives. This team member, reporting directly to the Head of Finance and Operations, will partner with functions across Highlight, flexing between the strategic and the tactical. Your primary objectives will be to identify the biggest pain points and opportunities in the business, and design, socialize, and implement scalable solutions.
You’ll analyze sales funnel dynamics and conversion rates to further hone Highlight’s sales strategy and conduct rigorous external research to better understand new business opportunities and competitive positioning. You’ll create new reporting and monitoring structures to bring metric visibility and transparency to Highlight’s key stakeholders and use data to detect usage patterns and preemptively identify churn risks and expansion opportunities.
This role is multi-faceted and multi-functional with high executive and company-wide visibility and a great opportunity for someone considering a future in senior leadership.
- The perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational. You will collect, sanitize, analyze, and synthesize data, apply critical thinking to make actionable recommendations, and drive those recommendations to execution
- 3 to 6 years of work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional and collaborative project or team management experience. This is a great opportunity for those with experience in Consulting, Banking, Private Equity, Corporate Strategy, or similar roles. Experience with startups a plus
- Track record of leveraging data to creatively solve problems and drive business impact
- Advanced SQL skills, experience with Looker and similar data platforms a plus
- Understanding of key financial statements and levers to impact financial metrics
- Unbreakable follow-through, you always do what you say what you’re going to do
- Crisp, clear, concise communication style verbally, in writing, and on slide
- Minimal need for direction and are comfort owning and addressing ambiguous problems
- Proactive nature, you never wait to be told what to do, you find value-add opportunities and go after them
- Persistence and determination to get the job done and get it done well
- Kindness and empathy that aligns with our Humans First value
Benefits and Additional Details
- Health insurance (medical, dental, vision) with 100% premium covered
- Competitive equity grants
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible remote WFH culture with 100% remote capability (And an amazing high-end office space located in Midtown Manhattan!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401K Program
- Learning and development stipend
- Early exercise equity opportunity
- For US based candidates, the base pay range for a successful candidate is $130,000 - $150,000 plus equity and benefits. However, base pay may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At Highlight, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful. We are committed to building a team that comes from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, disability, and veteran status. If you’re someone who can think rigorously and isn’t afraid to challenge assumptions, join us.
We've built a world-class team with decades of experience in the space. We’ve encountered the problems we’re trying to solve first hand and care deeply about making better products. We’ve been fortunate to raise a seed round from First Round Capital as well as experienced angels and insiders to help us further our mission. We’re also a passionate, capable, and empathetic team who live by our Humans First value. We have fun, we care about one another, and we’re all in on tacos.