Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 1,000+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are
You are an experienced professional with a demonstrable track record of levelling up business operations and processes through data insights, automation, scaling, and tooling.
Strategic and big picture in your thinking, at the same time you love to get deep into the detail in order to understand operational pain-points and opportunities for scaling to implement strategies that will positively impact a globally distributed 24/7 team. You are highly data-centric in your approach, but you are also comfortable with ambiguity, collating perspectives, and making decisions when data might be incomplete.
You take the initiative to own projects and deliver results with the goal to make the organisation more successful. You are driven by curiosity and a desire to problem solve and innovate - you are always on the lookout for new ideas and approaches. You are hungry to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency and work in an environment where you can have a real impact on how things are done.
- Manage and develop local operational solutions with a pathway to global implementation
- Approach existing manual problems from a quantitative perspective, and look for full or partial automation opportunities to replace existing manual processes
- Work closely with several global teams to drive operational improvements and processes across a 24/7 team. Identify opportunities to innovate and develop new solutions to existing operational processes, and collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to deliver them
- Gather, analyse and use data to drive both day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategic-setting goals. Drive innovation in use of data to support business priorities and performance management
- Build dashboards and other visualisation tools to clearly communicate data-led insights
- Develop and maintain a good understanding of the commercial market landscape for Ops/IT tools to support Dataminr’s operational needs. Uncover and trial improved tools and processes for existing operations
- Own implementation and attainment of team goals, identifying and implementing opportunities to improve
- Build internal presentations
- Maintain broad understanding of client perspectives, and use these to shape and prioritise operational output
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in product management, business intelligence, or a senior quantitative/data-driven operations role
- A passion for operational excellence and performance improvement
- Strong data skills, with expert level knowledge of Google Sheets/Excel, Looker or other data visualisation tools. Knowledge of programming languages is a plus
- Proven track record in identifying gaps and developing innovative tech-based solutions and implementing tooling to improve operations
- Ability to develop, influence, and deliver effective results through cross functional partnerships, including with external vendors and providers
- Outstanding attention to detail and organisational skills, with demonstrated ability to juggle and progress multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and superior presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing priorities
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.