About the Team
DoorDash Drive is looking for an entrepreneurial leader to join our team as a Senior Manager of the Mid-Market segment on our Drive Team!
DoorDash Drive is our company’s hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, and retailers across the United States and Canada. DoorDash Drive allows restaurants, grocers, and retailers to enable ecommerce fulfillment for their first-party experiences.
As part of the centralized Drive team focused specifically on our Restaurant Segment, the Senior Manager will have the opportunity to help define, scale, and optimize some of Drive’s biggest bets.
On a typical day, you will be working in tandem with our merchant organization to provide our Mid-Market merchants a dedicated Drive resource. This will include running and refining experiments to improve operations, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, guiding merchants on next practices for product strategy, synthesizing insights from merchant partners to help the Drive team build tools that will allow teams to increase their work 10x. By doing so, you’ll ensure we never stop growing and performing.
About the Role
- Business Development – Own merchant relationships with our essential Mid-Market accounts while addressing merchant concerns as they relate to Drive
- Manage a team —Manage a team of Mid-Market Managers, hold accountability for the success of the team, scale the organization where needed
- Impactful – Work with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to ensure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash’s services. This influences the product roadmap, making us better each day
- Analyze – complex data sets paired with partner team feedback to provide insights and recommendations to our Merchants
- Implement – Guide new Drive products and provide feedback to our Drive Ops team to learn from failure
- Experiment – Use data and sound business judgement to test and build the processes needed to retain and grow our most important merchants, driving them towards operational efficiency and excellence
- Collaborate – with stakeholders across DoorDash to align company-wide resources to refine platform capabilities
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build deep and meaningful relationships with merchants, laser focused on helping them thrive
- Imagine, develop, and execute on workstreams from start to completion with little oversight
- Oscillate easily from strategic considerations to tactical execution
- Display extreme ownership across every workstream while moving projects forward
- Maintain a careful balance between attention to detail and swift execution
- Operate comfortably in ambiguous environments while maintaining a strong bias for action
- Communicate precisely dependent on audience and level of detail necessary to share
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members across the organization
- Represent the DoorDash brand with humility and a customer-first mindset
We’re excited about you because…
- 7+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / account management / sales or related experience
- Knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets required
- Strong data retrieval (SQL), analytics (Excel / Google Sheets), and presentation skills preferred
- Experience in a complex or high-growth environment required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.