LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing role requires strong partnership with the business to strategically manage spend and opportunities for the assigned categories. The Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing will develop category-sourcing strategy and lead cross-functional teams to execute the sourcing and supplier management strategy for their assigned category.
This team member will manage Benefits, Wellness, Global Mobility, Contingent Workforce, Training and Development, HR Operations (i.e. background screening), HR consulting and related services, and have accountability to delivery against department and functional goals. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to drive resolutions.
This role requires a customer orientation with emphasis on strong analysis, category expertise, and a passion for driving innovation and solutions. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of ownership of the whole customer experience.
This position requires experience with strategic sourcing methodologies related to indirect procurement categories by performing market and spend analysis and then working with the business to build a category roadmap, perform sourcing activities, leading contract negotiations and award to supplier, and then utilizing scorecards and quarterly business reviews to monitor supplier performance.
This team is primarily based in Sunnyvale, CA but open to this role working from any of our NAMER office locations or fully remote.
- Effectively communicate the mission of Strategic Sourcing and educate internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to articulate methods of engagement and effectively train internal stakeholders in supporting correct engagement methodology.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically; ideal candidate will manage category area from high-level definition to execution.
- Act as an advisor to BU stakeholders with regards to market insights, supplier selection and favorable legal and commercial terms.
- Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of Strategic Sourcing into various parts of the business.
- Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of LinkedIn.
- Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others.
- Work with internal staff and other departments as a team player to achieve desired goals.
- Propose and drive opportunities for optimal value through analysis of current spend and external category analysis and benchmarking.
- Explores and evaluates sourcing options from the business’ perspective to find suppliers and solutions that best meet its needs.
- Brings business and sourcing perspectives together, helping the business to see the potential and impact of sourcing recommendations.
- Drives complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, business partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization.
- Lead or facilitate the supplier selection, Request for Proposal (RFP) and negotiation process to deliver agreements that include excellent long-term pricing models, measurable service level/performance criteria, effective remedies for non-performance, mechanisms for monitoring performance/remedies, etc.
- Drives cross-functional negotiation teams, influences customers in the decision-making process, implements world-class negotiation techniques and contractual clauses.
- Manage preferred supplier relationships, monitor performance and analyze category spend, build and maintain category plans in connection with business leaders to define and strategically leverage spending with proactive focus on major spend initiatives.
- Be a champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs.
- Manage the assigned supplier base through supplier scorecards and quarterly business reviews.
- 7+ years experience in purchasing/sourcing related background
- Expertise in Project Management, Category Management and Strategic Sourcing
- BA/BS degree in business, supply chain management or other related field
- Expertise in HR and Services categories and contracts, terms and negotiation
- Experience in managing multiple category areas and effectively procuring goods/services in a fast paced work environment
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Senior Professional in Supply Management (SPSM) a plus.
- Knowledgeable in the competitive bidding, pricing, corporate controls and international law.
- Expertise in converting business requirements into scoped project requirements capable of becoming statements of work.
- Assertiveness with execution-oriented mindset.
- Independent judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, leadership and negotiating skills