DoorDash (Caviar) is looking for an analytical and entrepreneurial operator to join our team as a Senior Manager, New Initiatives.
About the Role
DoorDash is investing in Caviar, the premium marketplace for the top local restaurants. As a Senior Manager, New Initiatives, you will lead and launch key new growth initiatives that will help to expand and improve the Caviar marketplace. As a part of the broader Caviar Strategy & Operations team, you will play a key part in building the next phase of growth for Caviar.
In a typical day, you may craft a winning strategy for testing a new offering in one of our markets, negotiate a trial with an external partner, monitor our performance across a portfolio of cities, dive into data to diagnose issues or reveal an opportunity, or work alongside internal and external stakeholders to develop our brand and grow our business.
What You'll Do
- Analyze – Drive daily/weekly reporting cadences with rigor and discipline, identify actions to drive achievement of goals
- Execute – Execute local growth tactics (new customer growth, merchant partnerships, local partnerships) across a portfolio of new markets; travel to new markets when needed to lead efforts on the ground
- Collaborate – Influence and engage across the company - partner cross-functionally with our Sales, Merchant, Operations, Finance, and Analytics teams to achieve market goals.
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action, are comfortable with ambiguity, and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Accountable - You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most important growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate internal and external stakeholders at all levels across a variety of responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, or related experience
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working cross-functionally to achieve shared goals.
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
Nice to haves
- High-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience with the on-demand economy and/or third-party marketplaces is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL is a plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.