As a Senior Manager in Technical Accounting, you will be integral part of the company's development and have the opportunity to work across function and bring your accounting insights. You will help set the accounting principles surrounding revenue recognition, manufacturing costs and product costing, stock compensation and significant transactions.
The ideal candidate will be able to link business transactions to accounting positions. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for the big picture but also sweat the minute details, this is a great role for you.This is an outstanding opportunity to leverage your prior experience as a Manager or Senior Manager in a “Big 4” firm and apply it to a fast growing start up.
- Review and analyze complex accounting transactions (accounting for significant transactions, advising on revenue recognition, costing, stock based compensation, leasing to name a few).
- Provide ad hoc accounting advice as may arise in the course of business, research accounting literature and write technical position papers
- Drafting and reviewing financial statements and disclosures.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit
- Support the VP, Finance with the preparation of audit committee presentations and other audit committee related reports
- Develop and maintain a strong internal control environment. Prepare the company to be in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Rule 404.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of technical accounting, including, revenue recognition (ASC 605), software revenue recognition (ASC 985-605), revenue recognition for multiple element arrangements (ASC 605-25), Business combinations (ASC 805) and Stock-based compensation (ASC 718)
- Knowledge of preferred stock transactions and accounting
- Experience writing technical accounting position papers
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Research and resolve all GAAP and technical accounting issues, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for transactions
- Assist with other activities including tax and insurance
- Ability to thrive in startup environment and with an entrepreneurial spark
An ideal candidate will have:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance. CPA required (Big 4 experience desired)
- At least 10-15 years accounting and management experience
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting including SEC reporting, stock accounting, revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, high energy, initiative and creativity - with a proven ability to influence