We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in Manufacturing Engineering, that are highly self-motivated as individual contributors but also function very effectively in a team-based environment.
Our (CI) Continuous Improvement Manufacturing Engineer takes a demanding set of functions and turns them into the optics technology that makes the magic work. They monitor and control eyepieces, fabrication, and product performance for continuous improvement. In addition, they will manage tool productivity, set maintenance plans, and yields, conduct data analysis to improve processes, and manage quality measurement for their tool/process.
In this role, you will work closely with Quality and R&D engineers to improve product yield and to troubleshoot process flow from root causes to equipment tuning. In addition, CI Manufacturing Engineers own and lead the stability, improvement, and performance functions of the tools. They drive continuous improvement to the tool/process to meet customer satisfaction and the requirements of the manufacturing ramp.
- Sustain, and improve newly developed processes.
- Provide technical leadership/guidance for Technicians and other Manufacturing / Equipment Engineers on the team; Assist and train technicians in basic troubleshooting, PMs, and quals
- Perform complex root cause analysis including Multi Factorial DOE, t-test, ANOVA, Correlation, Ishikawa diagram in order to promote safety, quality and efficiency.
- Drive machine qualification including Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA), Process Stability and Capability (CP/CPK, Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R), and equipment/process matching.
- Analyze Data coming from the tools to develop Predictive Maintenance.
- Control Critical parameters coming from the tool to assess control Line Performance.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance by collecting and presenting data for better understanding.
- Will be a coach for operators and supervisors on Lean Six Sigma implementation
- Facilitate Kaizen teams and/or problem solving activities on the manufacturing floor with multi-department resources
- Optimize use of floor space, materials, personnel, and equipment
- Interact with machine vendors to resolve a variety of difficult process engineering issues/problems with limited supervision.
- Communicate product and equipment status to the manufacturing organization in real-time.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; Able to analyze existing operations and propose cost-justified produce and process improvements
- Development and implementation of appropriate supporting documentation, SOPs and process work instructions compliant with current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Data collection and Analysis through the use of Time Studies
- Work with R&D engineers to define new processes and capabilities such as: closed-loop automation and control limits with audible/Visual alarms.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing, preferably as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Ability to create and edit manufacturing layouts in AutoCAD
- Process Improvement Mindset
- Six Sigma Green Belt minimum
- Knowledge of DMAIC and/ or 4M Analysis process
- Experience with High Volume Manufacturing in a full automated environment
- Knowledge of Process Performance / Measurement System Analysis (OEE, CP, CPK, PPK, GR&R, etc)
- Strong written, analytical, personal, technical, and software skills (CAD, Scheduling, Issue Tracking, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, JMP, etc)
- Ability to make sound judgments and take the initiative to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and make decisions/choices within the functional area of responsibility with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment
- Ability to read and interpret schematics
- Demonstrate experience with statistical process control methodologies and engineering analysis tools
- Strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Ability to thrive in a multicultural environment
- Hands-on experience in the cleanroom, optics, semiconductor materials, and characterization. (Wet Cleans or Lithography a plus)
- Controls Background (Fluent with PLC programming) AND/OR Knowledge of PLC programming and ladder logic (Nice to have)
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PLC's, Electrical & Mechanical systems (Nice to have)
- Knowledge of Servo & Stepper Motors, AC Drive (Nice to have)
- Experience with Computer Aided (CAD) or PTC Creo (Nice to have)
- Experience with lasers (Nice to have)
- B.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location. In addition to salary, Magic Leap offers a discretionary bonus, equity, and a fully comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees.
US Base Salary Range