Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in more than 100, 000 cities and towns located in 220+ countries and regions across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and one-of-a-kind activities that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way.
Airbnb was born with a creative spirit, and it’s one of the most defining parts of our culture. We use our curiosity and imagination to come up with unconventional solutions. These are the ideas at the core of Airbnb:
- Our community is based on connection and belonging.
- Our creativity allows us to imagine new possibilities for people.
- Our responsibility is to all of our stakeholders.
- It takes a unified team committed to our core values to embody these ideas, and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This position is China - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Your recruiter will inform you what cities you are eligible to work from depending on your personal legal working identity and Airbnb internal policies.
Following the refreshed strategy, China will re-focus on China outbound travels, and we aim to be the trusted and inspiring global brand that provides high-quality travel experiences across the world for Chinese millennials and post-millenials.
Senior Marketing Lead, China
Reporting to the Director, Regional Marketing (leader of regional marketing worldwide, incl. Americas, EMEA, APAC, China, etc) – the Senior China Marketing Lead is responsible for marketing programs in China to establish Airbnb’s points of differentiation and drive profitable growth for China Outbound business. She/he will lead the team working collaboratively with cross-functional teams such as global marketing, PR/communications, product, design, operations, and country leadership to bring marketing campaigns to life.
- Develop and implement China brand strategies, insights and the country messaging framework, to communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective China Outbound guests.
- Develop China marketing plans for greatest business and brand impact, in accordance with consumer understanding, seasonality, maximized earned media, community engagement, and brand health metrics.
- Collaborate across functions and regions to develop highly effective, creatively excellent integrated marketing campaigns, including but not limited to: advertising, social, digital, partnerships, development and production, media strategy, execution, optimization, and program reporting, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal.
- Enable and support localization, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal; articulate market nuances for teams who aren’t familiar with the market.
- Partner closely with both technical and creative functions in China and global, including product managers, engineers, designers, content strategists, researchers, creatives, legal, operations, policy, and PR.
- Assist in the management of creative and media agency partners to ensure we can scale marketing capabilities in line with growth plans.
- Manage and track brand marketing budgets and ensure effective budget utilization.
- Ensure timely and appropriate communications and enablement on marketing programs, campaigns and resources to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Conduct and disseminate regular AARs (after action reviews) on projects including results, lessons learned and best practices to internal teams and key stakeholders.
- Work with finance and operations on budget forecasting and actualizing; ensuring timely SOWs and contracts with partners at all times; provide regular activity updates and reconciliations.
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experienced guests on Airbnb internationally is a huge plus.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience managing brand marketing on the client side and/or marketing agencies — preferably in the consumer internet space in travel, design, technology, or lifestyle brands
- Experience working in fast paced global teams; proven leadership capabilities, building teams and workflows that enable collaborations across functions, and across national boundaries.
- Deep experience delivering integrated campaigns supported by brand, comms, media, and data strategy, with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects – across digital marketing, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships.
- A passion for creative excellence and craft in storytelling through multiple media types, both emerging and traditional.
- Experience applying first party data and consumer insights research to creative briefs and brand narratives that inspire creativity.
- Strong agency management expertise – creative and media agencies.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, balance short term needs with long term strategic initiatives, and desire to constantly reassess and make the work better.
- Strong budget and project management skills, attention to detail and communication skills.
- Excellent copywriting skills and a keen visual sense. An eye for detail and a quick wit.
- Knowledge of analytics, web and mobile technology, digital campaigns and strong creative and brand strategy skills.
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels – a hands-on team player.
- Written and spoken language proficiency in Mandarin and English.
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.