Our marketing and creative efforts are the face, first impression and voice of Capital Factory. We know in this age of digital interaction - creating a seamless experience for everyone you engage with across digital and physical mediums is important. From attending an event to subscribing to our newsletter, listening to a podcast to signing up for a coworking membership - our creative and marketing team helps all of our departments drive interest, then sets the stage for every interaction after that.
As the Senior Marketing Manager at Capital Factory, you’ll lead our growing team of creative and marketing staff to build proactive marketing strategies and also support the marketing and branding requests from across the company. At Capital Factory, we’re an SXSW Official Venue, co-hosts of Austin Startup Week and Dallas Startup Week, and partners with some of the largest investors, corporations and national defense organizations in the world. You’ll help lead discussions on positioning and promoting the events we help them produce and how to ensure they get the most brand and business value out of working with Capital Factory.
In this role, you’ll work closely with our Events, Programs, Partnerships, Corporate Innovation, Memberships, Accelerator and Venture teams to build campaigns and strategies to hit key metrics and growth goals. Whether driving attendance at SXSW, promoting coworking memberships in Austin and Dallas, or helping our Corporate Innovation team engage with Fortune 500 companies - you play an integral role in making sure the Capital Factory brand, message and resulting lead generation is aligned across our company efforts, and ensure that message is producing results.
About Capital Factory:
Capital Factory is the center of gravity for entrepreneurs in Austin, the number one startup city in the U.S. Last year more than 100,000 entrepreneurs, programmers and designers gathered day and night for meetups, classes, and coworking. We meet the best entrepreneurs in Texas and introduce them to their first investors, employees, mentors, and customers. According to Pitchbook, Capital Factory has been the most active investor in Texas since 2013.
- You have experience managing and leading marketing and creative professionals.
- You have a successful background in multi-channel marketing campaign strategy and execution.
- You are a strong communicator across teams and confident in taking the lead on project management and delegation.
- You have the strategic, creative and analytical skills to not only build engaging campaigns, but measure their impact on the brand and business.
- You have working knowledge of SEO, SEM, marketing automation and inbound marketing best practices and optimization.
- You can leverage social media to achieve marketing goals
- You have experience editing and managing websites built on WordPress.
- You are comfortable using marketing analytics, automation, email marketing and CRM software such as Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Hubspot, Buffer, Salesforce, and MailChimp.
- You have run successful PPC campaigns from start to finish.
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship and the startup community.
- You are outgoing and can hop into a client or internal meeting with ideas to share, even if last minute.
- You are a documentor. You love creating scalable processes for teams.
- You are a problem solver. You look for ways to make things work better, get to the real issue and turn issues into solutions.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute. Because they will. You roll with it.
- You plan to stay in Austin and fully committed to this position for 2+ years.
About our team...
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work in downtown Austin and have reliable transportation.
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are available during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week (the week before Austin City Limits Music Fest).
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
You'll know if you're successful if....
- Every department has a documented marketing strategy with measurable goals, we have a method for tracking progress and we’re on track to achieving those goals.
- Internal teams see you as a marketing strategy resource and come to you with issues and new opportunities and you can present the best marketing strategy to accomplish their goals.
- You have a broad knowledge of all we offer at Capital Factory and are passionate about improving and amplifying our message.
- Our events are well attended and the participants and sponsors have a high satisfaction rate and clear path to continue engagement with us after the event
- You have a productive and collaborative relationship with the Innovation Council, Partnerships, Events, Programs, Accelerator, Operations and Ventures Teams
- Partners and sponsors give unsolicited feedback about how great your team is to work with and they show they mean it by giving us repeat business
- Your team is successful and they know it
- 15 days PTO (prorated based on start date), plus paid holidays including the week between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance (employee only is 100% paid for)
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Co-working membership at Capital Factory
- Downtown parking space
- Access to the Omni hotel gym and pool