Role in a sentence (purpose and vision for the role)
We’re looking for a commercially minded, confident marketeer to develop our marketing programme to institutional investors and support our sales team is raising £2bn into our funds by April 2021. This is a brand new role, starting from scratch!
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to work within the Marketing COE, reporting to the Brand & Marketing Director.
At this stage please only apply if you have FS experience, in the asset or investment management sectors.
Core responsibilities will include:
STRATEGY AND PLANNING
CREATING GREAT STUFF
GETTING US OUT THERE
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following qualifications, skills and job-related experience
• Experience in B2B marketing - multi channel with proven commercial results
• Experience in financial services (or another regulated environment)
• Experience working alongside sales people
• Experience starting from a blank sheet of paper, with very little "handover" or defined strategy or plans
• Experience or openness to working in a matrix structure, with both functional experts and subject matter experts, and third parties
• Experience in a pitch based business (vs volume)
• A hustling, entrepreneurial attitude and energy, enthusiasm, grit, resilience, and ideas
• Pragmatism, and an attitude that values momentum over perfection
And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
• Care about encouraging investors to allocate their money in a responsible way, that can create a positive and lasting impact on the planet and society at scale, as well as meeting their expectations on return
• Have a passion for creating an emotional connection with people, far greater than any individual product or transaction - and a view that even in B2B, you're still talking to people - just people at work!
• Be a born storyteller
• Have an understanding of corporate investors; their motivations, pressures and objectives
• Have experience building personal brands to support corporate branding efforts
• Be comfortable working in a matrix structure, with both functional experts and subject matter experts
• Be able to work and prioritise at pace, in a structure and strategy that’s still being defined
Our Values and DNA
At Octopus we don't just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold. And while these are the principles that guide us as an organisation, our DNA goes even further, by revealing our inner strengths:
We are loyal: we fully buy-in to the company's vision and believe in everything that Octopus stands for.
We are respectful: we live and breathe the Octopus values of being helpful, straightforward and bold.
We are resilient: we have an inner strength that means we never give in.
We are intellectually curious: we seek to understand how the world works and were always learning, adapting and improving.
We understand who our customers are: and because we know them really well, we always give them our very best.
What we offer Octopus has built an exciting and inclusive high-performance culture where employees feel empowered. This means we welcome discussions around flexible working hours. We also understand the value of diversity, and we have a team dedicated to promoting gender, ethnic, socio-economic, LGBT and disability equality, to make sure we back up our words with actions. All Octopus employees are given the opportunity to develop new skills, aim higher and accelerate their careers.
This job has been filled or removed by Octopus.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Marketing Manager job post.✕