Method Savvy is a consultancy that helps ambitious leaders solve bold business problems for new realities. We do that by uncovering simple truths that connect brands to people across channels.
NOTE: This is a hybrid role and fully remote candidates will not be considered.
The Senior Marketing Strategist will uncover breakthrough customer insights and execute impactful multi-channel marketing campaigns and programs. Strategists define what should be created and when – based on business objectives, value to the consumer, cultural relevance, and competitive assessments – and determine where and in what form this content should live and how it will find an audience. Together, with the team, you will foster an environment of strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through building cross channel brand experiences.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Method Savvy we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Tasks & Responsibilities Include
What You'll Do
- Develop | Write and contribute to briefs and plans that build off of a brand messaging strategy for campaigns and evergreen communication that produce a meaningful impact on the business' bottom line. This encompasses everything from point of view on specific areas to full-scale executional plans.
- Communicate | Collaborate with a cross-functional Meta-team and provide strategic rationale for new opportunities across an integrated mix of channels. Support creative direction, measurement and optimization plans. Present strategic deliverables to clients and participate in client communications throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Execute | Own the successful implementation of marketing automation programs (including list segmentation, template building, email marketing etc.), SEO audits and action plans, social media management, and other related digital marketing activations.
- Understand | Understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the category in which it operates. Keep abreast of the latest trends (culture, technology, media, and social) that are affecting and evolving human behavior.
- Collaborate | Partner with an interdisciplinary team of creatives, strategists, marketers and consultants in the development process to optimize the impact of customer insight to get closer to the client’s goal.
- Research | Conduct qualitative research in order to develop actionable insights from a variety of data sources: analysis of client data, primary and secondary research, media data.
Who You Are
- A Builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together for collaboration that moves projects forward. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and Resilient | Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and dig in to figure out how to work around problems and unknowns. Takes care of self and team. Maintains stamina and positivity under constraints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- At least 5-7 years of marketing strategy experience, preferably within an agency or fast paced environment where juggling multiple projects was not unheard of.
- Preference for someone with experience conceptualizing and leading execution on multi-channel campaigns across the prospect and customer lifecycle, ensuring the alignment of communications and messaging across all channels (marketing automation, SEO, sales enablement etc.)
- Preference for someone with experience tracking and analyzing campaign data in marketing automation systems (ie. Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, etc.) to advise on marketing strategy and help the align sales and marketing teams.
- Experience in various types of consumer research, insights generation, creative brief development, campaign development, content strategy, touchpoint/ journey mapping, data-driven campaign execution, optimizing creative based on campaign performance.
- Determination in getting to the end goal and result, while having an insatiable curiosity and passion about uncovering the human truths, choices and behaviors that got you there and being able to apply this information to other client projects.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating information and/or data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans. Articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams.
Located in the heart of downtown Durham, NC, our close-knit team enjoys a collaborative work environment that highly values critical thinking, creativity and accountability. We offer employees:
- Fully hybrid work environment with a highly flexible work from anywhere system
- A competitive salary.
- Free Health and Dental benefits.
- 401(k) retirement benefits with company matching.
- Short and long-term disability insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid new parent leave.
- Unlimited, take it when you need it, vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- A spacious office in downtown Durham, NC complete with a ping-pong table, foosball table and video games.
- A fully-stocked kitchen that includes a built-in bar.
- Laptop and second monitor.