Light is pushing the boundaries of camera technology, making beautiful photography more accessible than ever before. The Light L16 camera combines advanced optics with powerful software to enable anyone to shoot, edit and share high-quality pictures.
Interested in designing the product, accessories, and calibration equipment for computational cameras that are Android phone meets DSLR? Light is looking for the next team player to join our mechanical engineering department.
what you will do...
- Design camera and accessory components from plastics, aluminum die cast and machining, glass, and electronic assemblies.
- Collaborate with electrical engineering team on integration and thermal management of printed circuit boards, flex cables, LCD, batteries, connectors, and other electronic sub-assemblies.
- Liaison with suppliers from initial audit to design for manufacturability (DFM) and fabrication.
- Support product compliance testing including thermal, humidity, vibration, drop/ shock, hardness, adhesion, and ingress.
- Collaborate with supply chain and manufacturing teams to validate second-source Approved Manufacturers and Vendors.
- Control configuration management of the mechanical designs from creating items and BOM structure to engineering change request, review, and approval.
- Collaborate with Industrial Design on proof-of-concept models to realize form-factor, user interfaces, and cosmetic requirements.
- Support manufacturing operations in process failure mode effect analysis (PFMEA) and design for assembly (DFA).
- Perform structural, thermal, and mold flow simulations to ensure design integrity.
what you bring to Light...
- 5+ years experience in high-volume mass production consumer electronics; mobile preferred.
- Tolerancing, cosmetic specs, and assembly process associated with high fit-and-finish product.
- Interfacing and travel to offshore suppliers; ability to speak Mandarin a plus.
- Identifying, designing for, and testing to reliability, compliance, and certificate test standards such as: FCC/CE, UL, IP ingress, shock, vibe, HALT/HASS.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
oh, but there's more...
- You get to up-level your game as you work with world class technologists who have proven they know how to create extraordinary technology.
- We offer high quality medical, dental, vision, life, maternity and commuter benefits.
- Our passion for photography is evident in everything we do from our in-house photo talks, gallery walks and other photography-obsessed events!
- Food. Yes. We eat a lot.
This full-time role based at Light's Palo Alto office is ready to be filled immediately. This is not a role for a new grad. We do not have ME internships available at this time.
Want the latest news about what our team is up to? Have a look here:
We appreciate your interest in Light!