As Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will work on an amazing team responsible for creating new automotive electrical and mechanical platforms that will enable new human-machine interactions. Area of focus includes packaging of electronic systems, including sheet metal, metal castings, and injection-molded plastics design. You will interact with Electrical Engineers to create printed circuit board outline drawings and perform thermal simulation. Your experience with EMC and Safety compliance will allow your designs to meet these requirements. You will work in the lab to verify the thermal profile of the products. Your expertise in DFM (Design For Manufacturability) will help you work with supply chain management, CMs (Contract Manufacturers), and tooling contractors to make your designs a reality. Experience in mechatronic devices is a plus. If you have expertise in one or more of these, you will contribute to making something you will be proud of.
· Bachelors or Masters in Mechanical Engineering.
· Ten plus years of electronic packaging development experience.
· Extensive experience using mechanical CAD tools, one of Solidworks, ProEngineer, or Catia. Catia is preferred and is used at NextEV.
· Demonstrated engineering discipline throughout the development life cycle (requirements discovery and specification, material selection, rapid prototyping, CAD design, soft tooling, hard tooling, working with suppliers).
· Experience as lead engineer for products that are in mass production.
· Experience with high volume, high cosmetic consumer products a plus.
· Experience with overseas CM’s a plus.
· Experience with cross-functional, cross-cultural, cross-time zone teams (EE, Mfg, Test, Firmware, etc).
· Experience with specifying reliability and validation tests and interpreting results.
· Experience in automotive a plus.
This job has been filled or removed by NextEV.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Mechanical Engineer – Digital Cockpit job post.✕