Avegant is a well-funded, venture-backed technology company developing the next-generation of light field displays. We are pioneering innovative hardware and software solutions that will forever change how we learn, play, work and interact with each other. We’ve won multiple awards, our team is best in class, and we’re just getting started.
Avegant is about the journey of innovation, and we want to take you with us. If you think you have what it takes to be part of our incredible team, then come join us and be part of a company that is making mixed reality possible.
Avegant is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to contribute to their cutting-edge near eye display technology. The Sr. Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for mechanical design and development of our headset shell components. You will work closely with our rock star hardware and industrial design teams, and be responsible for product development from ideation to product launch. You must have previous experience working in a product development environment, and preferably in the consumer electronics industry. Strong preference for those that have worked previously in a startup environment.
You should be self-motivated, flexible, and get a kick out of creatively solving difficult problems, sometimes on your own, but often as part of a fast-moving team. This position will work out of our HQ office in Belmont, CA. This is not a remote opportunity.
- Design and development of mechanical components and mechanisms
- Structural, kinematics, and tolerance analysis of parts and systems
- 3D design and 2D drafting of injection molded, machined, stamped, and wire-form components
- Tolerance analysis of complex assemblies and precision component parts
- Interface with component part manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues
- Author clear documentation on mechanical inspection and test requirements
- Collaborate with Industrial Designers to develop human interface components
- Communicate with overseas manufacturers and suppliers to address manufacturing related issues
- Provide engineering direction to supporting engineers
- Travel to overseas manufacturing facilities as required
- BS/MS in mechanical engineering or related field preferred
- 8+ years of relevant experience with expertise in the design of piece parts and modules for high-volume products
- Hands on drafting and 3D modeling experience in modern CAD package (knowledge of Solidworks is preferred)
- Expert understanding of GD&T and familiarity of inspection techniques
- Excellent documentation skills, including manufacturing and inspection drawings
- Experience in design for injection molding of cosmetic parts required
- Working experience with overseas manufacturing partners