SharkNinja is looking for an enthusiastic, driven Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the NPD group within Shark Engineering. This team member will participate in idea generation as well as product development from conceptualization to implementation and will be directly involved in developing new ideas and technologies that will drive the development of new Vacuums & Steam Mops to lead the Hard Floor Portfolio. We’re seeking a versatile engineer with the ability to turn concepts into scalable products. This role calls for an exceptional engineering leader who thrives on architecting innovative products and has experience with taking products from concept all the way through to manufacturing.
- Developing unique product design solutions to incorporate in Shark Floor Cleaning products to be sold Globally.
- Identification of and solving a broad range of problems using a structured problem-solving approach.
- Generation of test reports and proactively communicating status of testing efforts.
- Reviewing and interpreting test results providing feedback on product improvement solutions.
- Communicating to the cross functional team and the executive team: Product Development Status, Issues and resolution plans and development timelines for key initiatives.
- Work within the multi-disciplinary Product Development team to define, design, build, and test new products across the lifecycle from initial conception to mass production.
- Building and troubleshooting prototypes.
- Experience in designing and testing consumer products, electromechanical devices and small appliances is highly preferred
- Knowledge of electronics (analog/digital) and test equipment knowledge helpful
- Solid analytical skills, strong attention to detail, and relentless drive to identify potential problems and take responsibility for their resolution
- Familiar with electro-mechanical assemblies: motors, sensors, PCBA’s, buttons, etc.
- Hands-on experience with machine shop equipment
- Fabrication skill, hand tools, ability to prototype quickly
- Flexible, enjoys switching gears, and working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Passion for creating 5-star products a plus!
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in product design and development, working within cost and manufacturing limitations
- Experience with 3D CAD Modeling: SolidWorks, CREO, etc.
- Familiarity with production processes such as injection molding and sheet metal forming, as well as prototyping techniques such as 3D printing, laser cutting
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering fundamentals and manufacturing techniques, including DFM
At SharkNinja, our purpose is to positively impact people’s lives every day in every home around the world. We work very hard to provide our consumers with high quality, exciting 5-star products that make life easier. We thrive on passion and innovation, and are looking for great people, with great ideas, who want to create the next big thing. We take a team approach to our projects, where everyone has a voice. We want individuals to push limits, look outside the box and think the unthinkable. With the explosive growth we have been experiencing, we’re looking for motivated individuals to join us on our exciting journey. People need to think big, move fast and want to make a significant impact. Are you ready?