Come join us on our mission as we revolutionize energy storage to enable a sustainable future.
QuantumScape is a start-up located in San Jose, California working on new energy storage technology to allow electric vehicles to outperform internal combustion cars. Our leap in energy density and recharge rate is enabled by a solid-state chemistry and cell architecture which also benefits safety. Our quick progress is due in part to a state-of-the-art laboratory facility, highly automated data collection and analysis, and a strong and clear set of values.
Do you want to learn about and work on this critical part of the future energy economy? As part of our Cell Development team, you will work directly with scientists and engineers refining and scaling the production of next-generation batteries.
We are seeking a highly motivated battery scientist with excellent fundamentals to further improve the integrated performance of our novel solid-state battery materials. You will learn how the technology works, develop new techniques for characterization, and work with the broader team to improve our materials and processing.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- PhD in materials science, chemical engineering, applied physics, or related field preferred or MS with a minimum of 3 years experience in materials research and development
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in multi-phase materials chemistry
- Development of and responsibility for a processing tool
- Demonstrated ability to characterize, understand, and improve a process
- Knowledge of statistical process control and repeatability/reproducibility techniques
- Capable of working independently and driving projects to completion
- Ability to communicate clearly and candidly; strong affinity for teamwork
- References can attest to your passion, curiosity, creativity, and integrity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
*QuantumScape does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers.