Boxed is the easiest and most modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
Boxed is looking for a Senior Mobile Designer who will work as part of our mobile team to deliver an intuitive, elegant, delightful shopping experience. You should be a generalist versed in both UX and UI design, with keen interest in the m-commerce start-up space.
- Ensure measurably effective user experience and interface design for our mobile products
- Design beautiful UI and intuitive UX for new and existing features for our Android and iOS apps
- Work very closely with our engineering team to build simple solutions for complex problems
- Have the ability to quickly understand business needs and create compelling, effective designs
- Develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, mockups, clickable prototypes, and designs to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Assess the usability of new and existing feature and analyze user data to alleviate user pain points
- 5+ years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or UX Design for Mobile apps
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CS and/or Sketch
- Proficient in wireframing and clickable prototypes, using software tools such as Invision/Proto.io
- Fluent with Material Design and Apple Usability Guidelines
- A strong portfolio demonstrating ability to launch and deploy mobile apps into either Apple or Play Store
- Ability to generate multiple UX solutions for a given problem within technology constraints
- Experience in creating storyboards and annotated user flows to aid in communication of ideas across many teams
- Experience with designing end-user, digital applications with a strong awareness of common usability methods and principles
- Ability to clearly communicate your ideas to a wide variety of key stakeholders in multiple ways including sketched, verbal and written formats