What we’re looking for
We are hiring a Developer to lead our mobile development to create and experiment with new concepts, provide expert consultancy to ventures and build our core InMotion technical platform
Working as part of our technical team, you’ll be our mobile expert-in-residence. With a passion for crafting great user experiences you’re a proven developer and know your way around native app development languages as well as the latest in app development including React Native. You will be hands on with the technology to help imagine, build, and refine the simple and delightful experiences, so we can build our services and help our ventures solving the challenges they face on a day-to-day basis.
Working as part of a collaborative team of technical and design specialists, you will develop the applications for InMotion, its activities and range of ventures. You will bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You’ll be involved across the innovation process, from idea to MVP, developing alpha and beta products and core components of our technology stake to make our operations run, run fast and constantly move forward to support a range of ventures we develop.
You will play an active role in the early innovation process, helping to develop and shape new ideas. You’ll work with the rest of the technical team, to engineer and develop prototypes to conduct sprints to determine product-market fit, using customer validated learning to shape and develop the product concept. You’ll set the benchmark for all other developers to follow, establishing the coding standards and DevOps process, which then all our ventures will adopt.
Working with our ventures, you will play an active role in the planning and execution of features and will need the ability to react to user feedback and implement appropriate solutions. You’ll be using your broad knowledge to understand the activities of our ventures, and with the help of designers, build slick, optimised experiences using your skills across mobile technologies.
The pace will be fast, but the work will be challenging, stimulating, varied and fun! The development will be agile and release cycles will be very short as we work our way through numerous technical and business challenges. We want someone who can write, deploy and maintain the highest quality code and who can work closely with a small team and help us reach our goals.
You’ll have the chance to develop and define the requirements for our mobile applications, ensuring InMotion is a business that is synonymous with technical excellence and innovation. Our activities to date have been written client-side as a mix of HTML and React.js. The choice of technology or language is continually evolving and it’s up to you to shape and keep our activities at the forefront of technology. We want you to experiment and choose the right technology for the job. In your role, you will be able to suggest and use whatever technology you feel is best.
What the role will have to deliver
Work across InMotion as mobile development expert
- Act as front-end/mobile consultant, advisor and guide ventures in incubator
- Support Venture Partners and ventures with technical expertise
- Be the champion and expert for the latest in mobile development framework
- Champion the web as a platform, and understand its unique benefits and limitations
Lead mobile development as an expert in native iOS/Android and React Native
- Plan, design and build applications using Swift, Java, React Native
- Take input from designers and product leaders build the experience
- Write clean unit-tested code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability optimising for testing/performance
Support the idea generation process to develop service ideas
- Work with Product Leaders to develop and mature service concepts
- Work in internal sprint teams to build MVPs and prototypes
- Support experiments to drive customer validate learnings
- Identify new ideas/business opportunities and feedback into the Lab
Work with designers and product leaders to create a slick user experience across multiple devices
- Develop our core workflow, automation and user interfaces
- Oversee coding and development requirements/standards/QA
- Improve UI/UX design in a data-driven way, utilising split testing and analytics frameworks
Act as mobile consultant, advisor and guide ventures in incubator
- Collaborate with ventures to evaluate and optimize appliccations
- Support Venture Partners with technical expertise as required
- Collaborate with ventures to define, specify, estimate costs, timelines and provide input to design of apps
Ensure security best practice across all MVPs, pilots and ventures
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously define, enhance and implement coding standards
- Continuously investigate ways of keeping web app file sizes down, and performance high
- Providing code review for internal and external teams as required
Develop core technical platform components as identified
- Venture occasionally into server side work, integrating 3rd party APIs, building APIs and set up front-end server technology
- Write technical documentation for front-end development/activities
- Work with the software architect to develop, mature the InMotion technology stack and platform components
This job has been filled or removed by InMotion.
You can leave your email address and we will send you an email when there is a new Senior Mobile Developer job post.✕