Manages the Setup, configuration, and support of all internal and external network devices. Develops and maintains all network systems documentation and diagrams. Measures network performance and security. Creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Performs upgrades, patches, and configures new applications and network equipment. Provide technical support and guidance to users. Implement best practices and procedures.
- Communicate effectively and professionally to both internal and external AccuWeather customers.
- Provide proactive monitoring of AccuWeather network systems.
- Monitor network and core system performance utilizing existing or new tools to maintain a 99.99% uptime SLA.
- Monitor and respond to requests in assigned trouble ticket queues.
- Provide 24/7 On-call support to address critical issues related to assigned duties.
- Recommend design strategies and appropriate network hardware that will ensure AccuWeather’s clients are serviced in a reliable and efficient manner.
- Train and mentor assigned backup/assistant to ensure they are able to perform these duties.
- Document all work in the appropriate medium. (e.g. Clientele, Staff News, etc.)
- Solicit help from experts to ensure that the best performance is gained from AccuWeather’s investment in networking, hardware, and software.
- Work individually and within a group on projects, as assigned.
- Communicate closely with Network Operations Center personnel and Sr. Management in times of change and emergencies, following the established escalation procedures.
- Assist management and executive staff on business case analyses, as needed.
- Oversee software and network security.
- Attend seminars and special interest group meetings to obtain knowledge and stay abreast of new technology and networking advances.
- Identify short-term solutions to resolve emergency situations and work to put permanent fixes in place.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience / Qualifications:
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar with 5 years’ experience as a Network Engineer or equivalent combination of work experience and Education/Certifications.
- In-depth experience with Cisco network switches, routers, repeaters, and cabling, with extensive working knowledge of setup, maintenance, and troubleshooting these devices (4900M, 6509-E, Nexus 9504).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with F5 BigIP, Infoblox, Linkproof and Palo Alto.
- In-depth experience and troubleshooting skills with HP OpenVMS, Windows 8, 8.1, 10, MacOS, and DOS operating systems.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, NHRP, ATM, PPP, MPLS, Including Cisco IOS, Linux and UNIX
- Extensive experience in diagnosis, installation, and repair of general computer components.
- Basic scripting or programming knowledge and debugging ability.
- Strong communications skills with an emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Experienced with the use of Visio and drawing/documenting network topology at all levels.
- Certifications a plus: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)/Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP); Microsoft Certified Systems Associate (MCSA)/Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed.
AccuWeather is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.