At EL Passion, we are a team of experts, passionate about designing and developing exceptional web and mobile apps. We have a long track record of satisfied clients from all around the world. Among others, we are proud to have supported Polaroid Originals, Wirtualna Polska, ZnanyLekarz, Varner, Mednavi and many more. We are powered by passion for excellence, Lean and Agile approaches and continuous learning. Our ambitions keep transforming us, but our values of transparency, outstanding craftsmanship and team-spirit remain constant.
Currently we are looking for a Senior Node.js Developer to join our team.
We want to offer you a possibility of working with modern frameworks and tools. Join the team that is up-to-date with latest tech and recognises the importance of the code quality (daily code reviews, pair programming, continuous integration).
Get on board and work with us on a variety of startup projects, learn and enjoy!
Working as a Node.js Developer at EL Passion means…
- Developing web applications with TypeScript in Node.js mostly using Nest.js
- Creating apps for clients from various industries based mainly in Western and Northern Europe and the States
- Working at a company proud of its mature coding culture
- Focusing on clean, readable code
- Practicing Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, proper Scrum and regular Code Review
- Utilizing the best architectural patterns like DDD, Event Sourcing, CQRS
- Producing as limited amount of documentation as possible
- Being part of crucial project decisions: designing architecture, choosing frameworks and tools
- At least 2.5 years of experience in professional Node.js development
- Mastered skills (and proven commercial experience) in at least one Node.js web framework (Nest.js, Express.js, Marble.js, Sails.js, Mean.js etc.)
- Practise in TypeScript
- Proficiency in working with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Basic understanding of NoSQL databases (Mongo / ElasticSearch / Firestore / Redis)
- Hands-on experience with SQL and/or any ORM system (TypeORM etc.)
- Ability to write unit and integration tests using Mocha/Chai/Jest
- Ability to build features in test-first fashion (TDD)
- Experience with building secure RESTful APIs
- Leadership soul with a knack for sharing knowledge with others
- Fine communication skills, ability to form compelling arguments as well as dissuade the team and a client from making wrong decisions
- Good command of English, allowing you to easily communicate with our clients (B2)
Appreciated but not required...
- Understanding of Domain-driven Design patterns
- Familiarity with the basics of Front-end development (JS / TS)
- Knowledge of Front-end frameworks (Angular / React / Vue)
- Dev-ops skills (AWS, Google, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with other programming languages and platforms, eg. Ruby, Python etc.
- Experience with working in an Agile software development approach
- Active participation in the life of JS Community
- We offer a clear and challenging career path (you can read all about it here)
- The salary range for a Senior position 12000-17500 PLN Net (Net on the invoice or Gross on task-specific contact)
- Possibility of choosing different forms of employment - B2B, UoP, UoD
- Job in a team composed of both highly skilled developers and juniors, where you can both gain and pass on skills
- You decide which technology will be most appropriate for your project. Want to try something new? - Great, we love to experiment!
- Work in a proper Scrum :) and take part in making key project decisions by working directly work with the client.
- Access to our resources library - books (paper and digital), courses, tutorials, assets. Choose whatever you’d like to have on our "shelf"!
- We hold internal Hackathons a few times in a year (experimenting with different languages, tools, hardware, etc.)
- We'll invest in your skills with a self-growth budget (books, conferences, trainings, workshops and more)
- We value work–life balance and 40-hour working week
- We have flexible working hours, possibility of working partially or 100% remote
- Multisport, private medical care and more
Read more about perks and our cool company culture at www.elpassion.com
What’s it really like to work at EL Passion? See our Culture Book and find out what EL Passioners say about the company!
For more check out our blog, LI, FB and GitHub profiles.