** Role can be located remote
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex observability problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Our customers, including Airbnb, Twitter, BBC and Toyota, choose our solution because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their large scale applications.
Our micro services architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of petabytes daily across many geographic regions. We leverage leading open-source standards as a way to collect telemetry for our platform. As strong open source advocates, we aim at doubling our contributions to the community. For our new Kubernetes Collections Team, we're looking for a Senior Open Source Engineer.
As a Senior Open Source Software Engineer you will:
- Contribute to open-source projects, either Sumo Logic's own or external ones.
- Write clean, elegant, maintainable, robust and well-tested code, in either Python, Java, Scala, Ruby or Golang.
- Review PRs, respond to issues of other contributors.
- Be great with the open-source community - you know how to cooperate and communicate effectively.
- Occasionally develop non-OSS backend projects.
- Analyze, maintain and improve scalability, performance and reliability.
- Own the problem and make your own decisions - take responsibility end to end.
- Openly share and remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
Sumo Logic Poland has:
- More than 50 experienced, best-of-class software engineers.
- Offices in Krakow and Warsaw.
- Two product Teams: Metrics and Metadata.
- Several infrastructure Teams: SRE, Security, Software Delivery and AWS Optimization.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects, including Kubernetes Monitoring.
You need to have:
- Completed BSc or MSc in Computer Science (or equivalent field).
- Strong coding skills in one of the following languages: Java, Scala, Python, Ruby or Go.
- Ideally, a track record of open-source contributions.
- Full-time availability to work in one of our offices (Warsaw or Krakow) or remote.
- 6+ years of solid programming experience after graduation.
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary.
- Strong engineering teams.
- RSU package.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences.
- Hack weeks and tech talks.
- Medical insurance for you and your family/partner.
- Sports card.
- Individual English lessons with a native speaker.
- Free lunch subsidy and plenty of food in the kitchen (once we are back in the office).