The Operations Analytics team is looking to add Senior Operations Analyst to their group! This person will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions and support operational initiatives.
Who we are: The operations analytics teams are internal consulting groups that seeks to make things run more efficiently by using technology. They serve as the go-to source for analytics needs for the Wayfair Operations team: from Transportation & Logistics to Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning.
What you will do:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Contribute to big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Optimizing our network in the US has led to the implementation of a hub and spoke design for transportation to the customer. Additional modeling efforts will include a focus on custom logistics solutions such as interleaving stops at suppliers and customers on line haul routes as well as evaluating the impact of adding a new consolidation point.
- Strategic analysis of the delivery experience to model fulfillment options for non-standard delivery times.
- Building a nationwide carrier portfolio optimization model to determine the most efficient and profitable distribution of Wayfair volume. This model drives selection of the best overall damage, cost and transit time trade-offs for over 10 million shipments a year.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into Canada and design the European network keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
Who you are:
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- You have a degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Previous experience executing on projects and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Technical experience using SQL, R, Python, or other languages
What we offer:
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outings
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.