Classification of the position: Exempt
As Senior Operations Manager – Hotels Team, the key objective will be to improve operational efficiency to achieve objectives of the Hotels Team.
In doing so, this individual will bring a strong project management and analytical acumen coupled with market place knowledge, and a high level of operational savvy. In addition, the capability to establish and develop long term relationships with both internal and external customers will be a key to the success of the role. Driven personality, strong leadership, disciplined work habits, and attention to details will be the key to the role.
Responsibilities will include: (1) leading operations team globally to achieve set objectives (2) managing and optimizing plans for supply partnerships to drive operating goals, (4) develop strategy for Agoda Hotel related systems/ tools (5) managing operational project tasks to improve efficiencies in the Hotels team.
- Project Manage new key initiatives in areas of operational revenue opportunities and team efficiencies;
- Lead and mentor team to achieve KPIs;
- Increase operational efficiencies and value increases within the Hotels Team department, and inter department workflows;
- Support and optimize Agoda Hotels Team tools;
- Become a specialist in our extranet and APIs and seek ways to optimize performance of team and customers;
- Maintain and develop the high level of usage of extranet and API and related management tools;
- Provide the team and the senior management with regular, constructive and relevant feedback;
- Strong analytical skills to develop reporting, and systems for internal use;
- Share and seek out best practices and knowledge;
- Assist with training materials for external and internal users;
- Coordinate with central management on planning and objectives.
Supervisor: participates in the selection process of new employees; assists with performance appraisals; disciplinary problems are referred to a higher level. Performs similar and higher level tasks.
Independent Judgment and Decision-Making:
Little Guidance: Performs complex functions, establishes priorities, resolves issues, rarely refers to supervisor.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or equivalent degree required.
- MBA a plus.
- 5 - 6 years operations or project management experience required.
- Proven track record in project delivery and team management.
- Multinational commercial experience preferred.
- E-commerce or travel industry experience a plus.
- Strong Communication Skills with fluency in English; Secondary language desirable.
- Prior experience working in Airlines, Technology or Tourism sector desirable.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills (externally and internally.)
- Ability to communicate value proposition to potential partners.
- Adaptable to new technologies, quick learner.
- Understanding of the principles of conversion, ROI and financial metrics associated with online advertising and online partnerships.
- Team leader and team player.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
- Past success in mentoring and building sales organizations that cater to long term customer relationships.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly disciplined work habits.
- Energetic and driven personality;
- Adapts well to and is energized by change.
- Creative and Innovative.
Other great things about working at Agoda:
- Summer office hours program, where weekends start early
- Centrally located in Empire State Building
- Private Insurance with excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted visits to the Empire State Building rooftop viewing area
- Company matched retirement plan
- Generous paid time off including vacation time and holidays
- Employee hotel discounts
- Monthly team parties.