Inflection is looking for a Paralegal to join its quickly growing legal team. You may be the right fit if you’re hungry to contribute to a quickly growing Silicon Valley tech company, and you have a curated collection of paralegal and legal ops skills. You will partner closely with all members of our in-house legal team, outside counsel, accounting and finance teams, and collaborators across the company to assist with our daily legal operations tasks. You must be an innovator and problem solver, and, most importantly, you must be excited about joining a legal department that promotes innovation by looking for creative ways to say “yes!” In Inflection’s legal department, we pride ourselves on our ability to facilitate business success while simultaneously mitigating risk.
We’re looking for someone who is a demonstrated organizer, producer, and who is ready to tackle a variety of responsibilities with a positive attitude. The ability to operate in a fast-paced environment is necessary, and the right candidate will be familiar with myriad corporate filings processes and documents, corporate governance, and in-house legal operations, generally.
For over ten years, Inflection has sourced and analyzed billions of public records to create fair and innovative solutions to help companies make better and faster decisions about who they should hire and who they should trust.
The Company’s flagship business, GoodHire, currently provides employment screening solutions to more than 80,000 companies across the US. Launched in 2013, GoodHire has consistently led the market with our intuitive, thoughtful, and user-focused designs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Manage corporate filings, including, but not limited to, corporate registrations and sales tax registrations in numerous states
- Create a single source of truth for all corporate governance documents, and act as custodian of those records for Executive and Finance Team requests
- Partner with Accounting, Sales, and Customer Success teams regarding vendor and customer onboarding questionnaires
- Assist with initial reviews of purchase orders to ensure additional terms and conditions are not present; and pushback where appropriate
- Track and manage bankruptcy claims filed for customers who enter into proceedings
- Lead the legal function of ensuring MNDAs are in place prior to the release of security-related information
- Manage the company’s litigation and demand spreadsheet
- Assist with insurance policy renewals and modifications
- Perform renewals of annual/quarterly registrations including Sam.gov, Privacy Shield, etc.
- Respond to customer and consumer complaints on review websites including BBB; escalate where appropriate
- Organize, file, distribute and track incoming legal documents, service of process and electronically delivered documents
- Ensure current contract templates are available for Inflection teams using company intranet and manage updating of templates where necessary
- Assist with the collection, transmittal, tracking and organization of documents for litigation matters
YOU'LL BE A FANTASTIC MATCH FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU BRING:
- 2 or more years prior experience in an in-house legal department, preferably at a technology or SaaS company
- Experience with global filings, registrations, and other foreign paperwork
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Paralegal certification or similar certification/experience
- High level of enthusiasm and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and the ability to establish relationships with partners across the company
- A desire to juggle a broad variety of legal projects and be a true utility player
- You're able to manage a significant workload for two corporate entities (Inflection.com, Inc. and its subsidiary Inflection Risk Solutions, LLC)
- Proficiency with G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides) preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat DC preferred
TO WIT, INFLECTION OFFERS:
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive insurance benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley/Prairie veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 days off per year to volunteer
- Casual Dress environment
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. We’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.