Be a key member of the Verve Legal team, and work across a large range of legal matters, including commercial contracts, employment, corporate, finance, privacy and intellectual property. You will gain excellent generalist hands-on experience and work closely alongside the General Counsel in London.
In the next six months you will:
- Take a leading role in the preparation and negotiation of client/vendor agreements and work with our UK/European/US sales and operations teams to optimize our commercial contracting in relation to Verve Events and Pollen.
- Third party contract review, proof reading and drafting where necessary.
- Equity option plan - keeping the Company's stock option plan, paperwork and records up to date for issuances and exercises.
- Corporate authorities and Company House updates.
- Providing transactional support when necessary (debt/equity financing, acquisitions) - working alongside external counsel, preparation and updating of CP checklists, the collection and collating of signatures, post-completion matters.
- Templates - work closely with the General Counsel/Head of Legal North America to review existing templates to ensure Group alignment, update and roll out template agreements for the Group (client, employment, intellectual property assignments, commercial partnerships etc).
- Assisting with all ad-hoc queries (UK/European law) received by Verve Legal.
- Legal research.
- Working with Head of Legal, North America (based in Vegas) wherever additional assistance may be required.
- Working with the People team where necessary e.g. providing bespoke drafting.
- Help with the roll out of new procedures and processes across the Group - e.g. GDPR/CCPA/internal policies.
Verve’s legal team provides commercial and timely legal support to a rapidly growing, international, VC-backed scale-up. The Verve environment is fast-paced, highly engaging and expanding.
The Verve Group is growing quickly. Verve started with an initial focus on festivals, and since 2018, we have closed multiple acquisitions and expanded into new verticals to include travel, sports, dining and a B-C marketplace. We are a global business with offices in London, Los Angeles, Vegas and Toronto (with an East Coast and an European office likely in 2020).
The Verve Group currently has 300+ FTE across its offices and headcount is forecast to continue growing rapidly.