As a Senior Payroll Analyst, you will have the opportunity to own the end to end processing of payroll processing for the entire company of approx. 800 employees following all established controls. You will respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns and assist with internal or external audits of records such as workers compensation, 401(k), and SOX.
If you were here 6 months ago, here are some things you might have worked on:
- Annual W-2 reconciliation and creation.
- Collaborated with HR on enhancing integrations to 3rd party vendors.
- Regular communication with employees, providing excellent service via phone and email.
Where you can make an impact:
- Owning preparation of payroll for the US and Canada employees.
- Building relationships with cross-functional peers.
- Delivering innovative and new ideas on ways to streamline processes and procedures.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented with the ability to prioritize based on deadlines.
- Resourceful and a problem-solver who knows how to assess and approach a situation to understand the root of the problem to come up with a solution.
- Comfortable and enjoy interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Proactive vs. Reactive; confident in providing process improvements when needed.
- You hold yourself to the highest professional standards and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently under pressure.
We recognize not everyone will meet all of the criteria. If you meet most of the criteria below and you’re excited about the opportunity and willing to learn, we’d love to hear from you
- Minimum of 4 years of experience processing payroll end to end.
- Experience using Workday and ADP systems required.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and familiarity with G-suite programs.
- Solid understanding of payroll knowledge and principles.
- This role will be based in San Francisco, CA or remote (based in the U.S.).
- We believe great work can be done anywhere. No matter where you are based, NerdWallet offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your family.
What we offer:
- The salary range for this role is $71,000-$121,000.
- Base pay offered may vary within the posted range based on several factors, including but not limited to education, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
Work Hard, Stay Balanced (Life’s a series of balancing acts, eh?)
- Industry-leading medical, dental, and vision health care plans for employees and their dependents
- Rejuvenation Policy – Flexible Time Off + 13 holidays + 4 Mental Health Days Off
- New Parent Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Mental health support through Ginger.io
- Financial wellness, guidance, and unlimited access to a Certified Financial Planner (CFP) through Northstar
- Paid sabbatical for Nerds to recharge, gain knowledge and pursue their interests
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly NerdWallet contribution
- Weekly Virtual Bootcamp, Yoga, and Mindfulness Meditation sessions
- Monthly Wellness Stipend, Cell Phone Stipend, and Wifi Stipend
Have Some Fun! (Nerds are fun, too)
- Nerd-led group initiatives – Intramural Sports, Employee Resource Groups for Parents, Diversity and Inclusion, Women, LGBTQIA, and other communities
- Hackathons, Happy Hours, and team events across all teams and departments
- Company-wide events like Little Nerds Day (aka bring your kids to work day, even if you're remote!) and our annual Charity Auction
Lifestyle (Be your best self - we’ll take care of the details)
- Our Nerds love to make an impact by paying it forward – Donate to your favorite causes with a company match
- Work from home equipment stipend and co-working space subsidy
- Anniversary recognition program – choose from different items and experiences
- Commuting stipend
Plan for your future (And when you retire on your island, remember the little people)
- 401K with company match
- Annual Enrichment Stipend for learning and development
- Be the first to test and benefit from our new financial products and tools
- Access to Rocket Lawyer for online legal support and resources
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
NerdWallet is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.