We’re strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers tackling mission-critical initiatives that impact millions of customers, merchants, and couriers in our three-sided marketplace every day. We’re laser-focused on delivering bold financial solutions and decisions that help Postmates scale and continue its rapid growth as the first on-demand urban logistics platform.
We are seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to contribute to our world-class hyper-growth organization.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the payroll process, organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and a system savvy team player with a variety of experience working in a fast-paced environment. The Senior Payroll Specialist will ensure the accuracy of preliminary payroll data, will research and resolve payroll issues, while providing a high level of customer service to all employees. This position will impact a rapidly growing organization and offer career development opportunities for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy processing of the US, UK and Canada payrolls; including new hires, terminations, leaves, garnishments and employee changes.
- Researching and resolving any data issues, missing information, and facilitating the communication between HR and the employee.
- Responsible for preparing semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salaried employees, benefit changes, and special compensation.
- Assisting in auditing the semi-monthly payroll data prior to submitting the payroll file to the third party payroll vendor (ADP).
- Responding quickly and accurately, with professionally composed emails, to employee payroll and compensation inquiries.
- Assist in tracking/reporting/auditing of company benefits such as 401(k) and flexible spending accounts.
- Ability to run and create (ad-hoc) reports out of ADP Report Writer on an as-needed basis.
- Work on ad-hoc projects, such as Audits.
- Work with and follow-up on all notices received from Federal and State Agencies.
- Additional responsibilities as time permits.
- Supervise the processing of US, UK and Canada semi-monthly payrolls, including salary, bonus, commissions, benefits and taxes to ensure that Postmates is compliant with federal, state, and local county regulations.
- Review submission of employee changes, including but not limited to new hires, temporary workers, transfers, and promotions to ensure accuracy.
- Process accurate and timely submission of employee 401k deferral changes and contributions into the plan.
- Liaise with company payroll providers to ensure accuracy, compliance and timely processing.
- Reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Ensures time off policies are appropriately applied to employee profiles within ADP.
- Assists with determining payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Work with outside accounting and payroll firms to process payroll for international employees.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Must have experience with ADP Workforce Now
- 5 years of experience, including experience with processing a full cycle payroll
- Bachelor degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or relevant experience
- CPP designation is encouraged
- Process improvement mentality
- Strong systems knowledge, including the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Excellent Excel, strong communication and analytical skills
- Highly motivated
- Able to work independently
A bit about us
Postmates is changing delivery for good. While you may know us as the clever brand loved by celebrities and millennials, we are so much more. We are industry-first leaders in the modern logistics space, creating groundbreaking tech products that positively impact millions of customers, merchants and gig-economy workers as well as the underserved in the communities where we work. How will you help us change delivery for good?
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with a competitive rates and equity plan, along with access to our 401k plan and robust benefits including: health benefits, flexible paid time off, parental benefits, and food perks.
Postmates is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants at Postmates are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.