Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 85,000 customers and recently went public! The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, innovative and strategic HR Partner to join our geographically dispersed People Partner team. You will partner with senior leaders across the Engineering or Operations groups and potentially across other centralized functions to make an impact by delivering our team’s initiatives—driving business results and an exceptional employee experience.
As a Senior People Business Partner, you will:
- Drive strategies to meet changing business and talent needs to support our business goals and team objectives
- Deeply understand the specific business and talent needs (i.e. headcount, timeline, level, competencies) of the organization to propose and drive new HR initiatives that align with business needs
- Consult with leaders and teams to enhance their team members’ performance and overall organizational effectiveness
- Engage and influence senior leaders to support and implement consistent HR initiatives, processes and policies across the organization
- Work with HR leadership to develop and implement systems and processes to drive continuous learning and knowledge-sharing across the organization
- Continuously think about our customers, team members, and business and accept personal accountability for driving results
We're looking for teammates who have:
- A minimum 8+ years experience providing HR services in a multi-city organization
- The willingness to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes”
- A leadership ability that inspires and grounds others in a shared purpose
- A strategic vision— ability to see where the business is headed and partner to develop programs proactively
- Strong project management skills— able to translate vision into action
- Creative problem solving abilities and a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problem
- Strong communication skills—able to break down complex concepts and clearly explain them internally and externally
- A doer mentality— pushes boundaries of excellence to help break down barriers
- A quantitative and data-driven approach— able to draw insights from data, but also to make intuitive decisions based on imperfect data
- Experience in fast-growth startup environments
- HR credentials
- This individual can be based in Phoenix or San Fransisco
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us
on our website, check out our profile on The Muse
to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts
to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.