We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional grooming products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
As the Senior People Business Partner, you will be a key leader for people development and org planning in New York. You will work closely with the executive team at Harry’s, with a focus on the marketing, retail and strategy teams.
As we grow, having an experienced people leader to spearhead our efforts in New York is critical. We need someone who can look around corners to make sure we are creating teams and processes that scale. We want someone who cares a lot about culture and the people that form it, and will ensure we are maintaining and improving the elements that makes Harry’s special as we grow. You will have the opportunity to design and create people systems, most importantly around feedback, reviews and development.
Over time, the Senior Business Partner will build and lead a team. This role will initially be an IC role, but you will be an important coach and sounding board for the current NY People team from day one.
Here's what you will do:
- Create organizational structures and working models for each function at Harry’s that can scale. Work with people throughout the organization to identify needs and pain points, bringing expertise and ideas to the table
- Establish, improve and run people processes that are effective and work for Harry’s. This includes promotion, compensation and performance processes
- Coach and truly partner with leaders for each function on all people topics – org structure, people development, tricky people situations, culture
- Provide coaching and guidance to other members on the People team (Business Partner, recruiting, operations)
- Establish an approach and plans for Harry’s employees such that each person feels confident in their growth path and have clear direction on how to get there
- Develop and pilot people development process for Harry’s (e.g. feedback, review, development plans), getting input and buy-in and clearly communicating to ensure rollout is a success
- Improve NY team satisfaction by owning process to identify pain points and create solutions to address and improve
These might describe you:
- People whisperer and coach. You naturally build strong relationships at all levels. You are a sought after coach and thought partner for all employees
- Earn trust quickly. You are honest, credible and a great listener
- Good instincts on people. You consistently choose the best course of action, considering all impacts on people across the org
- Business savvy. You quickly develop deep understanding of business strategy and how we make money
- Honest, direct and supportive in all communication
- Life long learner. You love to teach and coach. You love learning new things and are not afraid to admit when you don’t know an answer
- Passionate, out of the box HR thinker. You design things that work for Harry’s, not just what is standard
- You have 10+ years of experience leading and working with teams and people
Here's who you will work with:
- Report directly to the VP, People
- Serve as People Business Partner for key teams at Harry’s – marketing, retail and strategy. Work closely with the VPs and Directors that lead those teams and develop strong relationships across every level
- Work very closely with the people team, in particular the other Business Partner at Harry’s
- Build strong relationships and interact regularly with full Harry’s team