Founded in 2017, Willow is a global technology start-up. The WillowTwin™ is a disruptive IoT/Data SaaS that unlocks the true potential of smart buildings and infrastructure. We are writing a new chapter in human history, with unprecedented resource optimisation and management empowered by data.
For the second year in a row (2020 & 2021), Willow has been ranked in Linked In's Australian "Top 25 Start-ups". You will be joining a team of performance-driven individuals, backed by the most advanced technology the built world has ever seen. We are chartering a new course, Digital First, the Willow Way. Our 'Willow World' is fast-paced, nurturing and collaborative.
Summary of Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to provide valued and effective P&C advisory support to members of the North America business and partner with the North America leaders to ensure the Willow values and leadership culture reflect the One team approach and support the growth ambitions for Willow in North America.
Role & Responsibilities:
- With relevant experience in HR disciplines, with particular expertise in talent and capability programs, this role is accountable for the execution of the global People Strategy in North America adapting this where necessary and in consultation with the CPCO and Regional Business leads to meet regulatory or the geographic needs of the NA business. The role is accountable for ensuring a meaningful, inclusive and engaging employee experience for all NA employees and candidates and contributing to the continuous improvement of Global P&C initiatives, polices, systems and procedures.
- Key member of the P&C team, executing the People strategy in North America and leading key P&C initiatives that enable the global growth of the business in line with ambitious business and investor goals
- Champion the global employee experience and culture for the North American team based on the vision, values and leadership principles of the business. This employee experience will enable Willow to be seen as a great place to work, maximising employee engagement and improving business performance.
- Effectively partner with the TA Manager and team to ensure innovative talent strategies are in place to attract and retain key talent in the North American business. Provide on the ground advice, coaching and support to business leaders and hiring managers on best practice for interviews, hiring decisions and compensation strategies.
- Partner with the NA business to expand our flexible working practices to ensure these continue to meet the goals of the business and those of Willow employees as we redefine what the workplace means and how we continue to connect as a team at Willow.
- Lead and support the North American team to actively participate in annual business planning events eg goals, performance checkins, engagement surveys, annual performance review cycles and compensation review processes.
- Ensure our talent strategy effectively supports our internal talent with strong career planning tools, coaching and ongoing transparency about internal opportunities across Willow.
- Facilitate development, capability and talent workshops, webinars and 1:1s to enhance the overall capability and career opportunities for the North American team.
- Actively participate in P&C compensation and benefits benchmarking with the CPCO and North American business team to ensure we have fair, competitive and attractive compensation and benefits processes.
- Ensure wellbeing and associated support is part of the overall capability strategy recognising the needs of the employees as part of being a great place to work.
- Deep understanding of relevant NA employment regulatory frameworks and industrial instruments in North America to ensure Willow meets its regulatory requirements and communicates policies and procedures to all stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to policies and procedures across North America to foster inclusive, high performing cultures that support employee wellbeing and enable business goals to be met.
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed including M&A, Leadership development and people management coaching.
- Ensure all NA reporting and onboarding is completed accurately and in conjunction with global P&C and Finance processes.
- Mentor members of the P&C team to grow capability and confidence in new projects and critical processes.
- Leverage data driven insights to help the business and the P&C team make better people decisions based on quantitative data, qualitative market insights and competitor updates. Work with the HR Operations team to ensure Willow’s participation in key workplace surveys and other necessary workplace equality government data requirements where Willow for North America and other jurisdictions as required.
- Lead ad hoc P&C and people stream initiatives as arises as part of the broad executive remit of the role.
Skills & Experience Required
- Commercially savvy with the ability to combine strategic problem solving with operational delivery that exceeds business and stakeholder expectations.
- You have at least 10 years of experience in human resources with strong generalist experience and experience in fast growing environments, ideally in tech sector or innovative business teams.
- Ability to provide valued consultation, build partnerships, coach and influence senior leaders and people managers, playing the role of trusted advisor
- Expertise in a diverse set of HR operational areas
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decision-making and operational delivery.
- Ability to prioritize with a high degree of flexibility.
- Ability to demonstrate high energy, sense of humour and persistence in a fast pace work environment
- Ability to engage with all levels of the organization, particularly at management and executive level
- Strong coaching, counselling and people skills and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Current knowledge on applicable employment law and legislation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and non-negotiable integrity.
- Familiarity with US legislation and regulatory frameworks is essential.
- Experience across multidisciplinary HR functions with specific experience in talent management, capability development and career management.
- You will need to be commercially astute and can drive positive organisational outcomes though relevant and sustainable HR practice.
The successful candidate will demonstrate energy, drive and agility! You won't get derailed by changing priorities and thrive off challenges. You know how to partner at all levels and are able to find solutions and have the confidence to challenge and question in order to drive the best outcomes for your organisation.
We have a set of Leadership Principles (Wear Their Shoes, Own It, Be Honourable) we live by, and we extend those to all our people processes.
If you are eager to work in a fast-paced, high growth tech start-up based on collaboration and open communication, then Willow could be the place for you. We at Willow never give up, we work smart, we care about our fellow human beings, and we always put our best foot forward.
Willow is proudly diverse. We work to create an equitable and inclusive experience for candidates and employees, where people from different backgrounds have an opportunity to succeed. Join us in our mission to digitise the built world!